CHAPTER 10

JUNKYU'S POV
-Time skip a week later-

-Jin: We are finally returning back home... How was it? (smiles) Did you enjoy your first trip for free? (jokes)
-Junkyu: (laughs) It was fun, but once again, the solution to what's happening with the carnivorous is that some people is not using their spirit soul how they should...
-Jin: Kyu, you know that I can't do anything about it (looks down) You know my deepest secret, I trust that you won't tell anyone. But tell me, do you think that I would meet him secretly if I could change this society? I can't make this world a better one... I am not God or a hero...
-Junkyu: Everyone has secrets Jin, I'm sure that there must be people out there willing to join you and change everything (smiles) You just need to be brave.
-Jin: Would you join me if I ever decided to fight against my father?
-Junkyu: I would, I would fight against my own one too... (determined) We never had the same way of thinking anyway...
-Jin: Why did you become a soldier then?
-Junkyu: He forced me... (smiles) At first I wanted to impress him, like every kid, I wanted to be praised. But when I was sent to the military academy... I had a very hard time there. I lost my consciousness plenty of times... I didn't get enough sleep, I didn't get to eat daily, neither to wash myself... My body was pulled to the limit. And it was then, when I thought that I would disappear, that I realized that I should follow my own way...
-Jin: It sounds so hard...
-Junkyu: It was, but I decided to continue, not because of my father, but because of me (smiles) I thought "If I become someone stronger than him, I'll be able to help the next generations to avoid this".
-Jin: I see... You are really a free soul (smiles) But, have you ever faced your father?
-Junkyu: Hmm... Not yet (chuckles) For the moment, I didn't have the necessity.
-Jin: What if he forces you to something again?
-Junkyu: Something like?
-Jin: What if he forces you into an arranged wedding? It probably happens... He could force you to marry an important girl, someone like... How about my sister?
-Junkyu:...
-Jin: Why aren't you saying anything?
-Junkyu: Nothing... (avoids the eye contact)
-Jin: Kyu, is there any possibility that you actually-
-Junkyu: Jin, I don't belive in that kind of love... I wouldn't allow my father to marry me someone unless it's real love. That's my answer...
-Jin: Ah, I see... That kind of answer suits you (smiles) By the way, what do you have inside that bag?
-Junkyu: Something that I bought during our expedition (smiles)
-Jin: Oh... Are you planning to give it to someone? (smirks)
-Junkyu: Maybe (chuckles) Look, we are back...
-Jin: Yeah, I'm craving to sleep in my room (giggles and gets outside the carriage) Okay everyone, tidy up everything and see you tomorrow... Kyu.
-Junkyu: Hmm?
-Jin: Good luck with whoever you want to give that to... (smiles)
-Junkyu: Ah, yeah (smiles a little awkward)

I also leave my horse and start heading to my room. The truth is that it is kinda early to be here... Maybe I should go for a walk around.

Where should I go? Maybe the library? Is it possible for her to be there? I should bring the gift that I bought and give it to her.

I start walking through the corridors, when suddenly, I bump with her. Woah, this is timing! We are really synchronised...

-Junkyu: Your highness (bows)
-Sana: Junkyu! You are back (smiles)
-Junkyu: Yeah... (smiles)
-Sana: (excited) Could we- (realizes Geubeom behind her)
-Junkyu: (looks into her eyes) Tonight... (smiles)
-Sana: (nods and smiles)
-Geubeom: Junkyu (smiles) You are finally back, would you like to meet once we are done working?
-Junkyu: I would like to, but I already have plans with someone... (smiles)
-Geubeom: Who? You don't usually meet with anyone...
-Junkyu: I can't tell, sorry (chuckles)
-Geubeom: I thought we were friends (pouts)
-Junkyu: Sorry, protect the princess (smiles)

I won't be able to be with her now cause Geubeom is around. What should I do, then? Oh! Is that... Is that boy Jin's lover? I should try to approach him...

-Junkyu: Excuse me, can we talk? (smiles)
-Boy: Yes?
-Junkyu: What are you doing here? I mean, I always spot you around the palace... Don't you have a house to return to?
-Boy: Uh...
-Junkyu: Can we head to a private place? (smiles) I know about you...
-Boy: What? (confused)

We head to a more private place before I start talking about the main topic. If anyone knew about it, we all would be involved in a serious issue.

-Junkyu: Here must be okay... (smiles and turns towards him) I know about you, you and Jin.
-Boy: How-
-Junkyu: You probably know already, I'm Hye Junkyu, Jin's bodyguard.
-Boy: Yeah...
-Junkyu: I saw you one night... Really together and lovey dovey (smiles) Its okay, I don't judge anyone... If you are happy with it, then it's fine.
-Boy: Jin knows...
-Junkyu: (nods) He knows that I know, I agreed to protect you both... (smiles) But I need to know your name, first.
-Boy: Kim Namjoon...
-Junkyu: I see... You don't belong to a noble clan, right? Your name doesn't sound familiar... (chuckles)
-Namjoon: No, I come from the citizens... I lost my family some years ago, and then Jin saw me. I started working for him, I would had become his bodyguard, but I'm not good at fighting... That's why I'm just another members of the palace's members.
-Junkyu: I'm sure that it must had been so hard for you... (looks down) I'm sorry...
-Namjoon: Don't apologise, you come from a noble clan, you don't understand my pain...
-Junkyu: You don't understand mine neither, but that doesn't mean that we can't empathise, you know? (smiles) I really don't believe in this social status thing... Actually, I belive that we'll change it one day, but for that... We need people. Would you actually join me hyung? (smiles)