Prologue

Momina Abdul Majeed

"What do we have here?" He craned his head to glance at Mehnaz who was standing by my side.

"Let me guess. She is whining about me again, isn't she?" He cocked his eyebrow then looked at me with disdain.

"Didn't she tell you about what she's been doing all this time behind her husband's back?" He asked, his voice laced with anger and betrayal, boomed around us.

I couldn't find my voice. This is not the Murad I know and I love. He wasn't filled with rage like him, but love.

"Murad nothing of that sort happened okay? Just let me--" As I took a step towards him, he raised his hand, motioning me to stop.

"Do you take me to be a fool, Momina? How can I belive in anything you say anymore? How can I trust you when you still claim to be waiting for him?"

"Were you ever going to tell me? How can we be the same after all that's happened?"

His shoulders relaxed and his features softened. He came towards me, his warm hands cupping my cheeks. It felt like years since I felt his warm hands on me, making me melt to his touch.

"Why? Why didn't you tell me? Why did you hide things from me all this time? Wasn't I enough for you? Wasn't my love enough?"

I stood there with my head low, not able to meet his eyes anymore as my eyes pooled with fresh tears.

He moved back withdrawing his hands and stuffing them in his pockets and sighed.

"It's done Momina. It's all over now."

He said in a dead voice. I looked back at him, tears rolling down my face. I tried speaking, defending myself but his unnerving gaze had me shut up. With this, he turned around and left, not bothering to shut the door behind him.

XOXO
M.