LMI# 21: THE REAL DEAL

Love Me Instead

Chapter 21: The Real deal

Grayson

"RED? IT'S Grayson. Open the door."

I've been standing in her front door for the past minutes and she hasn't answered since then. I checked the time and heave a sigh as I tried to knock on her door once more.

"Red? Are you there?"

Lumapit ako sa bintana at sumilip. The lights were on and I can hear the television playing on the background, so obviously she's inside. What is she even doing? Wait... That girl is suicidal. Don't tell me...

I slammed her door and tried to open it but it was locked.

"Red, I'm serious! Open the door or I will break this—"

Biglang bumukas 'yong pintuan kaya napaatras ako at kunwaring napaubo para itago ang kahihiyang ginawa ko kanina lang.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm..." I stopped for a while to think before extending my arms and stretched it in and out. "...stretching, doing a bit of an exercise."

She frowned as she crossed her arms and lean on the door.

"Oh, really? Exercising this late? While shouting? "

"I heard that late night exercise can be good for your health. And hey! Shouting can help me get into it more."

She remained staring so I did the same.

I secretly scanned her from head to toe and tried to control myself from smiling.

She's wearing a color maroon hoodie jacket, black jeans and a converse sneakers. She's holding the black baseball cap while turning it from inside.

I love her style.

"Are you just going to stand and stare the whole night?"

"W... What?" I asked, still somewhat mesmerised by her look.

"Sabi ko, tara na," umiiling na tugon niya bago bumalik sa loob sandali para patayin 'yong nakabukas na T.V.

Isinara niya ang pinto at sumenyas siya dahilan para sumunod ako sa kanya palabas ng kaniyang bahay.

"Anong nakain mo at bigla mo na lang akong inaya? May gusto ka ba sa'kin?"

Napangiti ako bago ko pinisil ang ilong niya. Nagreklamo naman siya dahil doon pero binalewala na lang niya nang pagbuksan ko siya ng pintuan ng kotseng dala ko.

I haven't told her about my suspicions with Elise' behavior yesterday. I'm not quite sure about it so I need to confirm it first. Baka isipin ni Red na masyado lang akong nag-aassume. Iba pa naman kung mang-asar 'to.

"So where are we going?" She said while putting her cap on.

"Pizzahut," maikling tugon ko.

She just shrugged and looked outside the window.

I'm going to pizzahut because it was Elise' favorite. I used to stalk her insta before. Most of her posts were photographed in a pizza place. But that was before! Hindi ko na ini-istalk account niya. Minsan na lang.

Nang makarating kami, ipinark ko ang kotse at naunang naglakad papasok. I opened the door for her and jokingly attended her like a vip.

"Bagay sa'yo maging guard," biglang komento niya dahilan para mabura ang ngiti sa labi ko. "Joke lang!" pahabol niya bago natawa.