LMI# 26: THE VILLAIN

Love Me Instead

Chapter 26: The Villain

Grayson

"THIS IS... for you." Inabot ko ang hawak na regalo kay Elise habang nahihiyang ngumiti sa kanya.

"Thank you, Gray." She accepted it and eventually took the wrapper off to see what's inside.

Just like what any other guy in the movies would buy for their girl, I bought her a necklace. But what makes it different from them in any sentimental reason, it has the letter P in it as its pendant.

"Wow, this is amazing. Though I have to ask..." She took it off from the case and showed it to me. "What does the P stands for?"

"Pizza?" I answered which she laughed and immediately stopped herself after realizing something.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have laughed," she hurriedly replied.

"No, it's fine. That's actually how I wanted it to be. Your laugh is enough for me to think that I gave you the most... probably eccentric gift of your life."

She chuckled and raised the necklace to put it on her neck. Tumayo ako at naglakad papunta sa likod niya at inagaw ang kwintas mula sa kamay niya. I willingly put the necklace on her and went to get back to my seat.

I brought her to her favorite pizza place for her birthday. You can call me an assh*le, stupid, clichè type of guy but...

Can you blame me? I have no other choice! This is the first time I actually made an effort for a girl because I have never... ever in my entire life got in a serious relationship before, okay? So drop it.

"Here's your order." Inilapag ng waiter ang pizza sa harap namin.

"You are full of surprises, Mr. Grayson Henares." She giggled and took a slice of pizza which I did too as well. "Tell me you're not looking at my Instagram posts."

Naiwan ang kamay ko sa ere na may hawak na pizza at dahan-dahang napaangat ang tingin sa kanya. She smiled while trying to avoid my gaze. Oh sh*t.

"I... I didn't—"

"That's fine. I would be lying if I said I have never even go through your Instagram account before. Well, I guess that makes us even."

I took a bite and nodded while throwing playful stares at her. "That's a shame though. I don't actually post that often so what you'll find there are mostly goofy photos that Ben posted himself. He's actually using my account."

"I already figured that out." Natigil ang pagtawa niya nang kunin niya ang dalang paper bag at inilapag ito sa lamesa. "I know it's my birthday but still I wanted to give you something for... this new start."

Ibinaba ko ang pizza sa plato at pinunasan ang kamay ng tissue bago inabot ang paperbag.

Nang ilabas ko ang laman noon ay napaawang ang labi ko nang mahawakan ito. Nakaseal pa ito ng plastik kaya alam mong bago.

"The Count of Monte Cristo?" I asked and flipped the book back and forth.

"Well, Ben told me you actually love reading books." She tucked her hair and asked. "Did... you like it?"

Hinawakan ko ang kamay niya sa ibabaw ng lamesa at sumagot. "Are you kidding?! I love it! This book is a classic! Alexandre Dumas is my favorite author!" I held her hands and squeezed it softly. "Thank you..."