LMI# 37: THE CLOSE CALL

Love Me Instead

Chapter 37: The Close Call

Grayson

"WHAT TIME is it?"

I groaned and reached for my phone at the bedside table. I yawned before looking at the screen.

"It's still six thirty in the morning, my wife. Why don't we sleep some more?" sagot ko sa kanya bago bumalik muli sa pagkakahiga at ikulong siya sa yakap ko.

"I'm making breakfast, Gray. Help me up." I closed my eyes and sneak my head on her neck. "Gray..." she warned me so I sighed and loosen my grip.

"Fine." I sniffed her hair and kissed the top of her hair before finally releasing her from my hug.

Naramdaman ko ang pag-alis niya sa kama pero nanatili pa rin akong nakapikit. Nang marinig kong isara niya ang pinto ay agad akong napaupo at marahang ginulo ang buhok.

I looked down and immediately groaned after noticing a bulk.

Nothing happened last night and I am feeling half-assed about it. I'm glad because I succeed and got my plans accomplished. Spending the night with her wasn't on my priority list in the first place. It wasn't why I brought her here. I don't want to make her feel that way.

But somehow, my body reacts on its own that's why I'm having this problem. Nasanay na kasi ang katawan ko kapag may katabi akong babae. Though, this time, I gladly pass through it without a doubt. And it's because I respect her with all my heart.

Dumiretso ako sa bathroom para ayusin ang problema ko at maaga na ring naligo. Nang makapagbihis ako ay naabutan ko siyang nagluluto ng pancake.

"You're up. Finally," she commented, putting the pancakes on the plate. "Tikman mo..."

Kumuha ako ng isa at agad na tinikman iyon. I stopped chewing halfway after tasting a bit of batter on the middle, not fully cooked yet. Napatingin ako sa basag na itlog sa gitna ng lababo at ilang natapong harina pero agad ding ibinalik sa kanya ang tingin.

"It's good!" natutuwang komento ko at kumuha pa ulit ng isa.

She seems in high spirits and it looked like she really worked hard to cook this for me. It's the thought that counts.

"Thank God. It's actually my first time."

Naupo ako sa upuan at pinanood siyang maglagay ng chocolate syrup sa pancake na nasa plato sa harap ko.

"I'm living the dream..." bulong ko dahilan para mapalingon siya sa akin.

"What?"

"Waking up in the morning, seeing your pretty face up close, eating breakfast with you, and even lunch, and... dinner." I took her hand and kissed the top of it. "If this is a dream, please don't wake me up yet."

"You're not dreaming, Gray. I'm real," natatawang sagot niya bago hinaplos ang pisngi ko.

Her touch sent butterflies that sparks up something gloomy inside me. She's just a few inches away from me yet it still feels like she's too far. I can't seem to get enough of her.

"Do you really have to go?" I asked out of the blue.

Napahinto tuloy siya sa kaniyang ginagawa at tila nagulat sa narinig kaya hindi niya magawang tumingin sa gawi ko.

Her mouth gaped and tried to speak up but eventually closed her lips and turned to me for a reassuring smile.

"We just got married. Saan naman ako pupunta?"