【39】The Proper Tour

When I woke up again, the bedroom was bathed in light, the day already well-advanced

When I woke up again, the bedroom was bathed in light, the day already well-advanced. After opening my eyes rather abruptly, I closed them again, my retinas not prepared for so much luminosity. Bracing myself, I slightly opened them again, ready for the burst of light.

My gaze was met with Lex's, who was lying on his side, already watching me. Good God, I wanted his handsome face to be the first thing I saw every day for the rest of my life.

"Were you watching me sleep?" I asked, my voice throaty. He didn't answer, but his slight smile was eloquent enough. "It's not fair, you can't do that..."

"How so?" His voice was deliciously rough, and I wanted more of it.

"You can't just look at me when I'm a drooly snoring mess and can't do anything about it."

He laughed softly, and I decided I wanted this to be the first sound I heard every day. With something tender in his eyes, he pushed away my hair. I was certain it was an absolute mess, from not brushing it after the shampoo Lex had given me, and then going to bed with damp hair, but he didn't seem to mind.

"At least you weren't drooling."

"Are you implying I was snoring?"

"You're the one who mentioned it."

I pushed on his shoulder with a scandalized giggle, and he grasped my hand to lay a tender kiss on my palm. The gesture was meant to appease the jab, and it worked like a charm, making my heart flutter. We remained unmoving for a moment, only staring at each other, my heart full of love for him. His hand gently caressed my exposed skin, following my shoulder, my arm, and then coming back up to reach for my nape.

He pulled me in for a longing, loving kiss, and I eagerly complied, pressing my naked body against his. Together, we had spent the most incredible, the most sensational, the most otherworldly night imaginable.

Lex had made a huge mistake. He'd shot himself right in the foot with this. There was no way anything could ever top that. It would only be downhill from there. But it was an incredibly high hill, so I knew everything else would be extraordinary too.

My stomach, which always had the worst timing, suddenly let out a loud grumble. The light breakfast we'd eaten after the amazing window sex was long gone, and I needed some food to make up for all the energy we'd spent.

Lex pulled away from my lips and dropped butterfly-like kisses on my throat instead. He was half-lying over me, one of his hands holding my hip firmly, while one of mine was tangled in the hair on the back of his head, keeping him close. "I'm famished too," he admitted. "There's a place around the corner that serves great brunches."

I groaned, refusing to get out of his bed. "You're severely overestimating my ability to walk today."

"I'm not. They do deliveries." He pulled the covers down and kissed his way to my nipple, adventurous and bold.