vintage tee, brand new phone

Draco

"Dude! Snap out of it. It will be fun! Don't look so sad." Emersyn Osborne joked as she held on to the arm of Draco Malfoy.

Normal people would look at them and think that they're dating but they are not dating, just best friends.

"I don't look sad. Bugger off." Draco rolled his eyes and turned to face her as they got to her platform.

They just had left Hogwarts for the school year that felt like the longest year of his fucking life. What a fucking mess that shit was.

He didn't want to go back to the manor after what happened but he didn't want to be at school either.

"Thanks for coming with me. Don't miss me too much, okay? I'll be back before you know it." She was looking at her ticket to confirm that they are at the correct spot.

He could recognize her in any crowd. All the other girls at Hogwarts already seemed to have hit puberty, but Emersyn was a late bloomer, at least that's what she called it.

She still had her braces on, her face still had the baby cheeks. She had a pretty thin body and athletic torso.

He thought she was perfect but obviously, he would never comment on her body like that.

Any other girl? Maybe. He was constantly finding girls to shag at school and he had a reputation for not giving a fuck about them the next morning. Just fucking around.

He never found anyone worth giving a fuck about anyway.

Emersyn never said anything to him about his reputation, she was too busy with her studies for rumors.

She wore her brother's baggy vintage tees and running shorts or leggings every chance she got.

She was beautiful, basic. That's how he would describe her. But so fucking beautiful.

Fuck. She was so beautiful.

He knew that Emersyn had a lot of anxiety about leaving for the summer, but after a long testing year at Hogwarts and all the shit that went down with Umbridge, she deserved to get out and do something for herself.

"Please don't forget that you can come home if it gets to be too much. Please be safe. I don't need to hear about you getting hurt or anything."

Her older brother died in a car crash when she was 11. That was also her first year at Hogwarts. Emersyn had terrible anxiety after her brother died. Full-on panic attacks, crying all the time. Wouldn't go anywhere alone.

The only person she knew was Draco.

Since then he made a silent pact to himself to always be there for her. He did the best he could for the first few years. But she struggled a lot. More than she would like to admit or remember.

She managed to learn how to control her anxiety on her own, making tons of friends in her house and becoming top of all the classes. Constantly working on school and studying spells. 

He knew her father was really strict on her. He's heard him yell at her before about it.

They did not start getting compared to each other until 4th year, the year The Dark Lord returned. But, his father assured him that the Dark Lord had plans for her that did not include becoming a Death Eater.

Merlin, I hope that is still true. He constantly thought to himself. It was easy for her to keep the number one spot, but Draco was behind.

He was always behind. He was a strong wizard, but others just received better scores. Number two in the class was always fucking Granger.

As long as it was him or her as number one, their parents never said much.

But, it was never him. Always her.

It's always her.

"I think I can handle one muggle summer with my gran," The whistle for the train tooted and she knew it was time to get on. "Here. Take it. I don't want to use it this summer." she quickly gave him her wand before he could protest anything.

"I'll see you later, okay." She says to him as she's getting ready to turn for the door.

He pulled her into a hug and she collapsed into his arms, letting out a sigh. For a brief moment, it felt like she was the only girl in that train station. He wanted to protect her with every power he had.

"Don't get into too much trouble while I'm gone, with everything that happened my dad should be working lot and you did well on your OWLS, so I'm sure he will leave you al-" she was interrupted again by the train horn,

She has no fucking idea, he thought

"Don't worry about me. You go have fun, you deserve it. I'll be fine, I'm sure I can find something to keep myself occupied for 3 months," he was worried at the fact that his only hope of sanity was leaving him for the summer. Afraid of what is to come these next few months since his father is in Azkaban. 

Knowing that he will have to become a Death Eater at the end of the summer to pay for his fathers mistakes.

He sighed into her hair briefly. He loved her. He loved her more than a best friend should.

"Okay dork, I gotta get on the train before you start crying or some shit," Emersyn pulled away and looked at him, "Thank you. Again."

She turned around and did a little dance showing how excited she was.

"Who knows, maybe I'll become a full muggle and get a brand new cell phone." She laughs while grabbing her bag up.

He smiled at her "Of course, Em. I'll see you at the end of August." 

He watched as she boarded the train still dancing and immediately ran into the person in front of her.

She was so fucking clumsy, tripping over her own two feet everywhere they went. But, it was cute.

He turned around and watched as the train left the station.

He knew sending her to her Grans would keep her out of this mess. He had no idea if she knew everything that was happening but he didn't want her to be even close to all the evil that would be lurking around the manor this summer.

He hated lying to her. Fuck he hated it.

It's going to be a long few months, he mumbled to himself.