you put me on & said i was your favorite

DRACO
______

Draco was pissed that he had detention for punching Blaise but it was worth it. He wanted to hex him. Fucking prick.

He had not got a chance to look at the class ranks before she tore it off the wall. But, he was understanding why she was upset. Enough to curse out a professor.

The rumors were going around fast about what had happened in McGonagall class. He couldn't wrap his head around the fact that she wasn't even top 10.
But once in his fucking life, he could agree that Granger was right. This list wasn't final. It was just the first 2 months of classes.

But, Granger also didn't know Emersyn's father. If he got word that she was 32rd in the class.... He feared for what would happen to her.

He had successfully been avoiding her since that drunken night in the room of requirement. He couldn't get the night out of his head but he didn't want her to be involved with him. He searched for her after classes that day. He even roamed to the Ravenclaw tower and bullied a 3rd year into letting him into the common room to speak to Luna and Cho about where she was.

Useless Ravenclaw students, of course, had no idea where she went. What a bloody waste of fucking time.

After his last class, he headed to Snape's office for his punishment . He was hoping he will let him go work on the bloody Vanishing Cabinet that he has made no progress on. He has tried every spell, every book, every resource available. He doesn't sleep. He barely eats. He has to do this. He has to.

"Malfoy." Snape's quick temper revealed he was already angry with him.
"Professor."
"I heard about Miss. Osborne's fit in class today. Does it have to do with your detention?"
"Among other things."
Snape yelled at Draco, "You need to be keeping your head DOWN. The both of you!"
"Both of us?"
"You and Miss. Osborne." Snape snapped at Draco. His office was dark and he had no personal pictures on the walls. Posters of spells and dark art history were the only objects in the room besides his black desk.

"Surely you know her initiation dinner is tonight."

Draco's eyes shot up from the ground,
No.
No.

"Sorry, Sir?"

He stared at the professor.

"I thought she would have told you, clearly I am mistaken. The Dark Lord is waiting for the task to be fulfilled. You haven't stepped up and time is ticking. Emersyn will be helping you fulfill his needs."

"It's her birthday tomorrow! There has to be another way, surely she's not able to handle the-"

The professor snapped the book closed and yelled towards the young wizard,

"Silence! Emersyn is one of the smartest witches I have ever taught. The Dark Lord has been planning this for years now. He has been imprinting his voice into her head since this summer.. I suggest you and Miss. Osborne get on the same page to fulfill the task. Do I make myself clear?"

" Yes, Professor." He needed to see her.

"Now. It was requested by The Osborne's that you escort Emersyn back to campus following the ceremony. Are you capable of doing that?"

He nodded.

"Lovely." his monotone voice dragged on.