playing hide & seek

Emersyn
—————
Saturday was Emersyn's least favourite day of the week. It was a filler day. She was always so involved in her academics to care about having a Saturday to herself.

Her least favourite Saturday of the whole year was Hogsmeade Saturday. Excited chaos was the only words to describe the energy of the students that were so excited to get off the castle grounds. She never understood how people could get so excited over leaving campus.

Every year, Emersyn's parents would tease her with signing the permission sip... every fucking year. They never signed it, of course.

Unintentionally, the only communication she gave Draco the two days following their sex in the bathroom was a head nod in class. They were both busy so it wasn't uncommon for them not to talk for a day or so.

Emerysn was sitting in the Ravenclaw common room with her hot chocolate. She was the only student in the room. The arched windows set into the walls of the circular common room to look down at the school grounds: the lake, the Forbidden Forest, the Quidditch pitch and the Herbology gardens. No other house in the school has such stunning views. It was beautiful out, the fresh crystalline white snow was spread all over the grounds of Hogwarts.

She curled into her oversized sweatshirt and covered herself with a fluffy blanket that she borrowed from Luna.

Every year, she sat in this exact same spot with her hot chocolate, alone. Wondering what she did to deserve to feel so.. empty. She used to not really care about it. This year was different.

It was the fact that she was literally a death eater, but wasn't allowed to go to Hogsmeade without her parents permission, that put her in such a bad mood.

She didn't worry about her studies or what her friends were doing. She didn't stress about her parents or the burning tattoo on her forearm. She didn't even worry about Draco.

She just sat here, sipping on her hot chocolate, not thinking about anyone but herself.

She got up and started to walk to bathroom, she was not going to sit there a sulk. Not today.

The bathroom was empty, she took off her turtleneck and winced in pain. Her head snapped towards the mirror, she examined the bruises left all over her body.  Her neck covered with hideous purple-black, now green and purple marks, from Draco's rings when he choked her. Next to it was leftover love hickeys from the last time his lips sucked her skin.

He needs to chill out with this shit.

She took out her wand to cast a charm to cover them up. As she started, she immedatiy stopped. She looked at herself in the mirror again, taking a step closer to investigate the unknown figure staring back at her.

She stared at herself and whispered, "Emersyn."

She felt nothing. It wasn't her. It wasn't Emersyn Osborne looking back at her.

"Emersyn?"  she said to herself again in the empty Ravenclaw bathroom. She probably looked fucking mental.

Maybe she was.

Her reflection stared at her and suddenly her smile turned upwards. A sinister smirk smeared over her face. Her eyes darkened.

Emersyn took another step forward and punched the mirror, glass shattering all over the floor, her knuckles coming in contact with the dark shadow like figure staring back at her.

She didn't know what took over her.

Fuck. Ow.

She sighed looking at the blood dripping on the floor.