sequin smile, black lipstick

Emersyn
_________
Emersyn got upstairs to the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror.

She was livid at the conversation that just occurred at the table.

They really all were lying to her. Straight to her face.

Was this the same girl she knew in the beginning of summer?

She wanted to be but even Draco noticed that she was different. Fuck, he even said it to her.

God fucking damn it. She kicked the cabinet.

Her mind drifted to the only conversation they had yesterday.

The only conversation they had all summer. How could she be so stupid and not write to him.

He was her best friend. He lied to her. For how long? She was afraid to ask.

The more time she spent with her Gran, the more she learned about what her father did. What her family did.

How they were using her as a prop to distract everyone at Hogwarts. By being top of her class, no one would suspect their family to be so -evil-.

Her gran told her about the Malfoy's and their connection to the Dark Lord. Death Eaters.

She cried. Why didn't Draco tell her any of this? She wanted to fucking punch him.

Why didn't anyone tell her any of this?

How could she be so stupid to let everyone use her and walk all over her. Lie to her.

The last straw was when her gran brought up her brother, Micheal. She told her all about him and how much he loved being a big brother.

She told him how he died and the connection of it to He Who Shall Not Be Named.

She missed him so much.

She spent a good month of the summer in bed at her Gran's house. Crying. Depressed. Not eating. She was tired of the way she looked. Her braces, her knotty hair, her body.

She felt like someone was listening to her cry and cry that whole month but no one wanted to help her.

She was tired of being lied to. Being walked all over.

She could have gone home or even sent Draco a letter but she didn't. Her anxiety got bad again.

She realized that she needed to save herself. No one was going to help her, hold her hand and she didn't fucking need it anyways.

She woke up one day and said to herself, I never want to feel this way again and shit changed.

She started working out, got her hair done professionally, her orthodontist approved her to get her braces off. Ditched the sequin smile.

As if someone was listening to her cries, her body changed. By the end of the summer her ass got fatter, her boobs grew two cup sizes and she stopped wearing her brother's clothes. Went shopping for clothes that showed her figure.

She knew she was a bad bitch- she had the persona, the grades, the body.

Scratch that. She didn't want to be bad. She was just a bitch.

So that was it. She changed. He was right. She was different now.

She realized that Draco was the problem. He knew all this and let everyone walk all over her. Pretending like everything was going okay.

She knew the friendship level of her and Draco was something no one else could describe. She was in love with the person she was when she was with him.

They didn't talk much at school, they were in different houses and although they had mostly the same classes, she had her own friend group and so did he.

Sometimes they would be in the library together or would talk here and there but it was nothing compared to the way they treated each other when they weren't at school.

And she was over being treated that way.

After these last years at Hogwarts, she will never have to see any of them again. Thank Merlin.

She heard her father shouting about leaving at the end of the stairs and she snapped out of her thoughts.

Grabbing her bag, she got her lip stick and puckered her lips up. She changed into a crop top that showed her belly button a little.

Fuck it
She looked at herself in the mirror up and down.
She felt good. She finally felt good.

Fuck. She scrunched her hair for volume. And turned around to look at her ass in the mirror.

She knew she could do this.

Don't let them make you cry. Fuck them. Do NOT let them make you cry.

She left the bathroom and started walking down the stairs. She saw him at the end waiting for her.

He was so fucking hot. He looked super pissed, probably at her, but it just made her want him more.

Who are you kidding, he doesn't like you that way. The voice in her head told her a million times.

"Are you okay? What the fuck was that all about? Are you crazy? We are almost out of here, Em." He waited worriedly for her response.

She wanted him to hug her and hold her. His voice was so soothing to her at times and it comforted her.

Don't let them make you cry.

She sighed when she got to him at the bottom of the stairs. "I'm fine. I just want to leave. I just need a break."

He knew exactly what he meant by her words and grabbed her wrist when she started to walk towards the door. She looked at her wrist and then back to him,

"Please don't do this. We are about to go to school where you pretend like I'm the worst person ever and you ignore me."

"Em- I... I actually have been thinking over the summer and I-"

Don't let him make you cry. He lied to you.

She put her hand up to stop his talking, she wanted to hear what he had to say but she knew it wouldn't change the way he would treat her at school. "Save it for the train, I'm sure you'll need your breath."

"God damn it, Emersyn. You're so fucking frustrating. Get back here." he scolded her angrily

She ignored him but he followed behind her closely.

Her father looked pissed when she got to him.

She didn't give a flying fuck.

She walked to back to family and they headed to Platform 9 ¾.