A Little Surprise- Kendall K

//An unexpected visitor leads to interesting and dramatic events. This one will be aged up!!//

//Y/N's POV//

You and Kendall had been cuddled up and watching a movie, a thick and cozy blanket on top of both of you and Kendall in your arms. This night seemed to be absolutely perfect, as every night had been for almost five years. Some nights were bad, of course, but all in all, there was nothing you two couldn't get through. Just when the movie was getting close to the climax, a knock was made at your door. You furrowed your eyebrows, but slowly got up to go and get the door, leaving Kendall to have the blanket all to herself. Sure enough, it was someone you hadn't seen in years.

"And what do you want? I told you we're done." You stated, folding your arms at the sight of your ex, leaning against the doorway. They seemed more nervous than normal, and you realized why when they stepped aside. A small child, four or five years old, was standing behind them.

"And who is this?" You asked, crouching down to the child's height and offering them a wide smile, hoping to cheer them up a little. That was when your ex spoke up.

"She's uh..she's yours..Rebecca's her name." They spoke, and you just stood there dumbfounded. And unfortunately, Kendall heard that too...she didn't seem too happy.

"You have a kid? And you didn't tell me?" She asked, gripping the blanket that was now wrapped around her shoulders. All you could do was stare at the child, who looked scared, shy and worried out of her mind. While you were distracted, your ex dropped off her stuff and drove off, leaving the small child at your doorstep.

"Come in honey. You've gotta be cold." You spoke, since it was mid winter outside and the child didn't have a coat. Kendall didn't seem happy about the situation, but gave Rebecca her blanket. She knelt down to her height and gently tucked her hair back.

"Why don't you go and sit on the couch? Your uh..mom and I have some stuff to talk about." She spoke, and slowly Rebecca wandered to your living room and went to the living room. Kendall folded her arms as she huffed, pushing her hair back as she looked to you.

"What happened to no more secrets? Full honesty? Cause I think you forgot to mention that you have a child Y/N!" She whisper yelled at you, and you could barely remember where Rebecca could've even came from. 6 or 7 years ago were basically a blur. (If you're a girl, you had the baby but were too drugged up to remember (the doctors gave you the drugs) and you gave the baby up for adoption, until your ex got her). Slowly, you began to remember and eventually, you had enough memory to tell Kendall.

"Ken, please listen to me. It was a drunken night six years ago. I didn't know you, and I was in a bad place. A couple drinks later, a one night stand happened. I didn't think it mattered, just another night I'd forget about. Just please, please believe me. If I had known sooner, I would've told you. I didn't know anything came of that night, you have to believe I wouldn't keep something this big from you." You spoke, and what broke your heart the most was the little girl just peaking around the corner, tears coming down her tiny and baby faced cheeks. Letting out a sigh, you knelt down to Rebecca's height, motioning for her to come over towards you. Reluctantly, she did.

"I'm so sorry baby...I didnt mean for you to hear." You spoke, tears going down your cheeks as the little girl sobbed into your shoulder. Kendall on the other hand, was upset and jealous. She was your baby, she was supposed to be the one crying on your shoulder, she was supposed to be the one you hugged. But once she realized she was jealous of a five year old, she felt so stupid. She moved around you and Rebecca to grab her coat, moving to leave.

"Kendall, come on. Stay, we can figure this out. Just...please don't go." You spoke, more tears falling as you watched her pull on her coat, disbelief in her eyes as she looked down to you and your child.

"I'm sorry Y/N. I need time to think." She spoke, turning open the door and saying a polite, "Nice to meet you Rebecca" before slamming the door and leaving. Rebecca just started crying even more, and you did the same. The small girl looked up at you, feeling more guilty than she ever could.

"S-She left 'cause of me." She whimpered out, making you hurt even more, spouting out 'no' over and over again. And after five years of dating, this was maybe the one thing you couldn't get through..

//This is so all over the place. It's so hard to try and write a gender neutral one shot for a subject like this, but I hope you like it!//