CHAPTER 20:Idle Talk

My name is Sei. I have no surname. Originally lived in the slums but after the young mistress picked me up, I started working for the House of the Duke of Armelia.

I was working under Sebastian-san as an apprentice butler for the House of the Duke, however, that is a story of the past.

The whole affair started when the young mistress became the proxy of the fief Lord. The young mistress launched a conglomerate, and at the same time, she put me in charge of that conglomerate. I wonder where my work as a butler has disappeared to ever since then... I became the young mistress' hands and feet, met with other people in charge every single day, corresponding to the customers... There was a mountain load of things to be done. Even right now, I am going to send a message via carrier pigeon to convey the young mistress' instructions.

"Oh, my, Sei-san. Thank you for your hard work."

"Thank you for your hard work, Tanya-san."

Coincidentally, Tanya-san and I passed by each other. She, as well, is working as the young mistress' hands and feet.

"How has it been as of late?"

"It's the same as always. What about Tanya-san?"

"On my side as well, it's the same as always. Now that you mentioned it, how's the schedule today?"

"After taking a short break, I was planning on heading to where the young mistress is."

"If that's the case, would you like to have some tea?"

After receiving a rare invitation from Tanya-san, we headed to the employee's break room.

"Please go ahead."

After sitting down on the chair, Tanya-san served me a cup of tea. The drink was pale greenish yellow in color, a commodity the conglomerate has recently spent efforts to make, the herbal tea.

"This is the Rosemary flavor herbal tea. It's good to drink when you're tired."

"Thank you very much. ...I shall partake it."

After drinking a mouthful, I breathed out slowly.

"It's delicious. ...Do I appear to look that tired?"

"No. However, you are tired, aren't you?"

"Hahaha... Well, you are right. However, I'm still good to go. When I compare myself to the young mistress..."

"I am also getting worried about her. For a while now, I haven't seen the young mistress taking any breaks at all."

"You're right, that's how it's been. Whenever I see her like that, I think that I have to work harder."

My work has certainly increased when the young mistress came back. However, I never thought of it as unpleasant. Or rather, to be able to see how much will the conglomerate grow... It is my pleasure to be a part of it.

Above all, when I see that the young mistress' workload is more than twice as much compared to mine, I feel that it's natural for me to work harder.

"You shouldn't be basing your standards on the young mistress. Because that person is addicted to it."

"Hahaha, you said something really fitting... Ah, I should get going soon."

"Right now, the young mistress is having a talk with the Madam. Because of that, she's probably not done straightening things out..."

"Is that so. Then, perhaps I should go a little later. ...At any rate, for the Madam to make a trip all the way here, she is probably worried about the young mistress..."