CHAPTER 23:The Young Mistress goes to Town

Now then, it has finally arrived, the promised day with grandfather.

Today, I made preparations to eat breakfast quickly and immediately made arrangements. Since I'll be walking around town today, as I thought, it would not be appropriate to wear what I usually wear, so I decided to wear something a little more modest. ...Though I said that, I clothes I've been wearing recently emphasizes more on functionality, and because of that I don't feel like I think to change anything.

When I headed towards the entryway to wait for grandfather, for some reason, Tanya was there wearing a disguise.

"Tanya... I thought I told you that there's no need, what's with your appearance?"

"I will also be going with you."

"However, Tanya. I don't really want to take a lot of people with me during my walk."

"It won't matter much whether it's two or three people."

No, although that might be the case, but...

"Young mistress. Please value yourself more. Gazelle-sama's strength is indeed reliable. However, in case an emergency happens... it would be difficult for him to fight while guarding young mistress. Therefore, at the very least, please take me along."

"But..."

"Isn't it fine, Iris."

"Grandfather..."

"Tanya is also worried about you. It is also the duty of the master to take the feelings of those under her into consideration."

...Certainly, in an unlikely chance that something happens to me during an emergency, it will really be troublesome. Especially when both the conglomerate and the fief is finally progressing little by little after so much effort. I cannot be too selfish.

"I understand. Then, grandfather. Tanya. Let's head off. And also, the both of you, please call me Alice while we're in town."

After we left the house through the rear gate, we slowly walked down the road. Un, the weather is pleasant and it feels comfortable. The spring weather in our fief is neither too hot nor too cold, it's just nice.

The nearer we go to the center of the town, more and more people we see. There were light brown buildings forming a line, giving a different feeling from Japan. While walking energetically down the main street, I looked at shops here and there. Now that I think about it, this is the meaning of window ...

"Waa, it's so cute. Auntie. This flower, what kind of flower is this?"

Something suddenly caught my eye, and I stopped at the front of the store. It was a lovely flower with purple petals.

"It's a flower called Ajuga (bugleweed). It's a flower that blooms at this time. It is a flower that is comparatively easy to raise."

"Heh~ ...How much is this one?"

"If you want one that's already in bloom, it's 1,000 Bells. If you want the seeds, it's 500 Bells for one bag."

"Then, please give me a bag of seeds."

"You got it. Thank you."

After I paid the money, I received the bag. As I thought, it's fun to shop for myself.

"About those, what would you do with them?"

"I thought of raising them by the window of the study. Don't you think that that room feels a little gloomy?"

"Hahaha... As I thought, it is good for a woman to pay attention to details."

After walking for a while, we felt a little hungry, so we walked slightly away from the main road and entered a restaurant. When we entered the store, I had a hunch that the store is quite popular considering that the place was almost full.