CHAPTER 34:Now, to the Royal City

"...Why was something like this sent to me..."

The thing I presently held in my hand was an invitation. ...It is an invitation to a party held in the Royal Castle to celebrate the founding of the Kingdom.

Because it is an official event, it is usually attended by everyone, especially those who are making a debut. That's right, if it is the usual.

However, I have been banished from society, and ever since I have been expelled from the academy, I have never received an invitation. Nevertheless, that is only natural, or rather, it is bizarre for me to even receive one.

"...However, young mistress. The invitation to this party came from the royal family. You cannot turn it down so bluntly."

Although Sebastian said that, he was also looking at the invitation with suspicious eyes.

"You're right. ...I should prepare myself for the worst."

"You don't have to worry about the fief. It's just nice that Dean will be here, and if anything happens, I will immediately dispatch a messenger."

"Yes. Sebastian, I'm counting on you."

* * *

Several days after that, I left the fief for the first time in a long while and headed towards the house in the Royal City. It's been almost three years since I left the Royal City, and because it's has been so long, I don't have any deep impressions of it.

"Welcome home, young mistress."

All the servants gathered and greeted me at the same time. And the person at the very front was the head maid, Rimé.

"It's been a long time, Rimé"

"Yes. To finally be able to meet the young mistress again, there is no greater joy than this."

"You're being too exaggerated."

Then, I walked passed the servants who had lined up and headed further inside.

"...It's been a long time."

"Welcome home, Iris-chan."

Inside, my parents and my younger brother were waiting.

"It's been a long time. Father, mother, Berne."

"Above all, it's good that you're in good health. It'll be good if you spend your time here leisurely."

My normally strict father unexpectedly displayed a soft expression. With just that alone, I felt slightly pleased.

"Yes, please allow me to do so."

"More than anything, I heard from Sei that there will be another new product? I'm looking forward to it."

"The preparation to commercialize it is not yet completed. However, I will be doing a trial run of the product during the upcoming party, so please look forward to it."

"Weellll~ Later please show it to me in secret? Can you?"

"Please look forward to seeing it tomorrow."

When I said that, she sported a slightly disappointed expression and consented anyway.

"Older sister... Will you really be attending tomorrow's party?"

"It can't be helped. Since I received an invitation from the royal family."

"...However, Ed-sama and Yuri-sama will be attending for sure."

I was surprised when I heard Berne's words, and my eyes unintentionally widened in wonder.

"...I was surprised."