CHAPTER 83: The Later Talks of a Riot

[Iris' POV]
When I returned to the employee area, I was greeted by a pale-faced Mimosa... I felt very sorry for making her worry about me.

"... Misa, I'm so sorry for making you worry." (Iris)

Even though we were the only ones in the employee area, I called her Misa because that was the pseudonym we agreed to use when we were in the city.

"Alice, I was worried about you. I now understand your escorts' feelings very well after watching you from over here. Well..." (Mimosa)

Mimosa sighed heavily. She could not bear the worry any longer and shriveled up. I knew it wasn't possible for me to act placid and tranquil every time an incident happened, so I just stayed quiet and put a wry smile on my face.

We walked out of the store accompanied by Tanya.

"Well, I'm glad Lady Iris is safe and okay." (Mimosa)

After walking a few more meters, Mimosa and I parted ways. Strangely enough, I did not really feel like touring the city anymore.

The next day, I noticed that I was strangely fatigued as I walked to my office as I usual.

Waiting for me was my desk with of course a large stack of documents waiting for me to look over. After looking at some of the papers for a while, I called up Tanya and had her bring in some tea so I could take a short break.

"... Tanya" (Iris)

"Yes." (Tanya)

"I need a list of all of the problems that my excommunication has brought towards the company and in detail." (Iris)

"I finished the report yesterday, and I have already ordered and inspected everything to make sure they are accurate." (Tanya)

Tanya gave me a document filled with the data she compiled yesterday. As expected of Tanya. She's such a diligent worker.

I flipped through the documents and looked through the data.

As a result of my excommunication, the total number of customers that were going to the Azura Conglomerate stores had decreased somewhat significantly.

All of the shops under the Azura Conglomerate, which I established, and all of the stores in the Armenia Territory had either been greatly or slightly affected.

It also gave the merchants in Armenia's Chamber of Commerce a very hard time as they were associated with me through trade deals and the bank that I had established.

Although that crisis had already been resolved, the aftereffects of the excommunication were still torturing me and feeding away at my resolve.

Although I shouldn't think of it this way, to be perfectly honest, the fact that the previous Pope and the Second Prince's Faction did a significant amount of damage to my company is undeniable.

Another reason the Conglomerate started to decline was because of the lack of human resources. As soon as I become excommunicated, many core employees had suddenly quit because they didn't want to be associated with a company that had an excommunicated person as the president. As a result, the majority of the stores run by the Azura Conglomerate were poorly maintained, which created a horrible impression on the local customers.

When I thought of this, my mind became very complicated as I needed to think of a solution to raise the reputation of the Azura Conglomerate fast.

As I thought about it more, I was suddenly hit by a fit of fatigue.

"... At that time, if Dean had not given me reliable connections with that priest and I was brought back into the church, the Azura Conglomerate may not even be a business today. ... No, the Conglomerate in the Armenia Territories would still be maintained but outsourcing would be impossible." (Iris)