CHAPTER 25:Appearance of the Younger Brother

Now then, half a year has passed since that event. ...In other words, since I regained the memory of my previous life, almost two years has gone by.

The profit of Azura Conglomerate is the same as always, excellent. Although competitors have started to appear, in just one short year, I wondered if our conglomerate has gotten so big that it is now considered as a brand.

The reformation of the fief is happening little by little. The bank has become more widespread, and the road maintenance will be done soon.

The High School division of the educational institution has started its operation, and I heard that a lot of students had gathered. ...As for the Medical department, the local healers are also actively participating, while in the Accounting department, just as planned, the children of merchants came to learn double-entry bookkeeping and economic theory.

I heard that people have been enrolling to the Farming department little by little. After that, Primary School division was opened. Children from the institute are also attending, and when I went there to play the other day, they asked me to read some picture books.

By the way, the people who were arrested in that incident were sentenced to forced labor, so I used them without reservation. They were just arrested because taxes cannot afford to jail them.

As time progresses, a lot of various different things happened.

...That's right, time had passed by. Nevertheless, for some reason, mother and grandfather are still here in the mansion. No, it's all good and well, you know?

I mean, mother has really good sense, and she has given various advises and proposals to the development department of Azura Conglomerate, which really helps.

On the other hand, thanks to grandfather's training, the proficiency of our guards has increased. Although it's fine... It makes me think, 'are the both of you doing all right?'

Besides, the both of them have their own associates to socialize with, and they also have their own individual lives, right? While thinking of such things, it wasn't as though I can tell them to go home with those reasons, all things considered... Well, if the people involved are fine with this, then I'll just leave it alone.

...Like that, a certain incident occurred one day.

"Mother! Exactly what on earth are you doing?"

While I was having a pleasant tea time with mother in the garden, an intruder suddenly appeared. ...It was my younger brother, Berne. He hasn't changed one bit ever since the last time I saw him.

"...How boisterous. Please escort him out."

Mother didn't even take one look at Berne, she just treated him coldly. Ah, her tone of voice has changed... and cold sweat trickled down my back.

While the employees were urged by mother's intensity, they were also lost on what they should do because the other party was the heir. Among them, only Tanya began to move to carry out mother's order.

However, before she was able to approach him, he looked at our direction angrily and asked.

"Don't dodge the question, please tell me the reason."

"If you're asking for the reason, I have already written it in the letter. Because I am currently in poor physical condition, I will be resting in the fief and will not be attending."

"Hmph... You're having a cup of tea as usual, so who exactly is in poor physical condition? In addition, it was an invitation from the royal family... did you want to plunge MY Ducal House into a predicament?"