CHAPTER 36:Assistance of the Queen Dowager

Right now, I am in the middle of a mayhem.

...It is currently the party to commemorate the founding of the Kingdom. I thought it was strange for me to be invited, and when I arrived at the venue, I resolved myself and entered the place.

However, when I entered, rather than receiving cold gazes from the people, they looked at me with curiosity and interest. At this time, I thought, "Huh? It is different from what I had been expecting..."

And when I received a summon from the Queen Dowager, I didn't think that she would say kind words and give me her support. Huh? Could it be that the person who invited me was the Queen Dowager... that's what I believed.

Since my mission for today has ended, I heaved a sigh and calmly walked to a corner.

However, I didn't think that Yuri-sama would appear right in front of me. ...In addition, standing next to her was the grumpy looking Ed-sama, and Van-sama who was looking at me curiously.

"...It's been a long time."

For the time being, I replied with a smile. ...It doesn't look stiff, does it?

"Iris-sama, it's been a long time since you have not attended the academy~ I'm glad to see that you're looking energetic~"

Huh, sarcasm? Was that sarcasm? Or is she simply saying that because she's worried about me? Since the opponent is Yuri-sama, I hesitate to make any judgment...

"It is a good thing that Yuri-sama is also looking well."

For the time being, I made a harmless remark.

"...I'm surprised. To think that it's actually Iris-sama."

Van-sama who was standing on the side made a comment.

"Didn't I tell you so? I'm really good at distinguishing a person's face. In addition, she's together with Berne, so I thought she's definitely Iris-sama."

Yuri-sama said proudly... even though she was at that place when it all happened. Together with Berne, you were there driving me out with all your might!

Even so, you've changed too much. I didn't notice at all."

"Yuri is really smart."

"Fufufu... Thank you very much, Edward-sama."

....Yes, yes. As usual, you guys are surrounded with "kyakya ufufufu" pink atmosphere. To actually act that way in front of your previous fiancee, you really lack consideration.

On the other hand, I've already given up a lot of things to Yuri-sama... Besides, I wonder if Edward-sama has always been this happy? While I was wondering that, a doubt immediately arose within me after remembering the last words I said at the academy.

"...By the way, why is Iris-sama making an appearance here today~?"

I didn't expect a sudden punch from Yuri-sama, and within a moment, the smile on my face disappeared.

"Why, you ask...?"

"Because Iris-sama..."

"There's no need for you to ask her why she's asking you that question. Because you do not have any position to make an appearance at this place."

Interrupting what Yuri-sama was saying, Edward-sama said while looking at me with hatred. Even if you don't glare at me that much, it's not as though I would eat her.

"No position..."

"It's because Yuri is gentle. She's giving you a piece of advice to remind you of your position."