CHAPTER 62: Going back to the capital again.

Propaganda:

"Information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view."

The speech and performance I gave was exactly that. I used Miss Minae to do some legwork for me by spreading the story. The speech I then gave connects those rumors to me. This is a textbook maneuver used by every politician in my previous world.

There was a quote by Adolf Hitler:

"The receptivity of the masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, but their power of forgetting is enormous. In consequence of these facts, all effective propaganda must be limited to a very few points and must harp on these in slogans until the last member of the public understands what you want him to understand by your slogan."

All the things and acts done as part of this performance of mine – the priest's opening prayer, doing the opening ceremony at twilight – was to give the chapel the right lighting and ambiance; everything was to make my speech more effective.

With this speech, I should've soothed or at least calmed down the citizens of my fief, so I can now leave the fief for a while. I have to go back to the capital to resolve the main problem now.

Even so, I still have a lot on my mind.

I am thankful to Dean; because of the two letters he brought, I was able to conduct the opening ceremony peacefully. I was also able to get the cooperation of the priest because of one of those letters. The other letter is the key to solving this whole mess. I was going to ask either Father or Mother to obtain it... but how did Dean obtain... Dean who are you... It can't be...

"Milady, are you alright?"(Ryles)

While I was lost in thought, Ryle asked me in an anxious voice.

"...Oh, I am fine..."(Iris)

"Please hang in there a bit longer. We will be there shortly."(Ryles)

I am currently heading to the capital. You may be wondering why he is asking if I am alright. Well, this is due to the fact I am not on a carriage, but on a horse. We have to go to the capital as fast as possible, so the best option was to go on horseback. I thought I would be fine, but, oh god, it is rocking too much. No, I am not directing the horse. I am still not capable of that. Ryle has the reins.

I was sure I would be able to handle this, since I have ridden a horse before, but I guess riding for elegance and actually riding to get somewhere are two totally different things. I miss having my feet on the ground so much...

I was accompanied by Dida, Tanya, and some guards in case of an attack. I asked Dean to accompany us, but he had said he had urgent business and could not come with us. He instead proposed to join us later. Unlike me, everyone was smoothly riding a horse. I wonder when Tanya learned to do it... Only I am the burden here.

... I tried by best not to vomit, and we somehow made it in time. I arrived at my manor in the capitol. When I got off the horse, I was wobbling like a newborn fawn and could barely stand.

"Welcome Home, Milady." (Servants)

All the servants came to greet me, as I haven't been back in a long time.

"I am back, Father, Mother, Bern... I sincerely apologize for the trouble I have caused you this time." (Iris)

My entire family came to greet me at the entrance as well. Although unexpected, I was grateful for it. My appreciation, however, was not enough to stop my wobbling.

"You arrived very early. Are you okay?"(Louis)

My father, seeing me like this, showed a worried expression, and asked if I am alright.