CHAPTER 38:Activities in the Royal City

Ah, how nostalgic... For a while, I looked at the scenery of the Royal City in comparison to the fief and became absorbed in it. Compared to the day-to-day life in the fief, living in the Royal City felt like a raging wave.

That is because of what happened ten days ago...

"Oh my, it does seem that a lot of invitations has arrived."

After the party to commemorate the founding of the Kingdom, we decided to spend a day to relax at home and drink tea. Although my body doesn't feel that tired, my mind did. At that time, while I was drinking tea with mother, one of the butlers serving our house came to deliver invitations sent to our House.

"Earl Monroe and Marquis Rudolf are associates of Ellia's maternal House... So there's no way I would go."

"The invitations are not just for Her Grace, but there are invitations for the young mistress as well."

"I'm not understanding the meaning more and more. Well... after looking at what happened at that party, I can understand why they would want to make an acquaintance. Iris-chan, do you want to go?"

"No way... I certainly never had a thought of going."

For me to attend a tea party held in the Houses of one of the Second Prince's faction? I will absolutely refuse to go. In the first place, there's no point in trying to deepen the association now.

"I thought so as well."

Mother blew out a sigh and continued drinking tea.

"Oh, are there any other Houses that you would like to go to?"

"...The House of Marquis Langley."

"The House of Marquis Langley? Ah, if I'm not mistaken, the daughter of that House was one of Iris-chan's classmates."

"Yes. We got acquainted while I was still in the academy."

Mimosa - I wonder how she's doing...? Although we've been exchanging letters from time to time, it's been more than two years since we last met.

"If that's the case, then we'll go to Marquis Langley's House. Besides that, is there any other Houses you would like to go to?"

"Hmm, which Houses does mother think will be fine to go to?"

Apart from the Houses part of the Second Prince's faction, there are numerous other invitations. However, because I didn't leave the fief for so long, I am not well informed regarding most of the Houses.

However, since I got the opportunity to make some connections... I would also like to take the time to get acquainted with some of them. Because of that, "which House" to go to becomes really important.

Because I don't have much time... I need to be efficient. In order to decide on which Houses would be best to make acquaintances with, I consulted with mother.

"I guess Baron Messi's House would be good. After that, the Earl of Dranbalt's House."

"The Earl of Dranbalt's House, if I'm not mistaken, mother and that House's Countess has a deep friendship?"

From the corner of my memory, I remembered mother going to the Dranbalt's House a lot.

"Yes. The Countess has really good sense, and it's very interesting to talk to her."

"Since it's mother who is saying that, it's quite a compliment."

"Thank you. ...In addition, Dranbalt's House is part of the neutral faction, so when they hold a tea party, the majority of the people invited are also neutral members. If Iris-chan wants to learn about the strife of the factions, won't this be a perfect chance?"