CHAPTER 50:Complicated Feelings

"Sorry, I seem to have drunk too much."

I thought Grandfather would be the only one in this morning, but Ryle and Dida were also in. Grandfather tends to be rather zealous sometimes, so the two being brought with him as escorts can't be helped.

"Tanya, can you make sure these two get plenty of water?"

"Certainly."

Whilst directing a request to Tanya who had been standing at my side, I sit down in the seat opposite from Grandfather.

"Grandfather, even if it's you, drinking too much will be bad for your health. Shouldn't you lessen the amount of alcohol that you drink?"

"Kuh..."

Grandfather grimaced... He does love alcohol after all.

"And so, how much did you drink last night?"

"I was drinking with the guys from the Order and the Army. So.... I may have had too much fun and decided it wasn't enough, so I took these two and went out drinking."

"Geez.."

The cause of this is that last decision. Since long ago, Grandfather would take the two out to drink, trying to teach them their limits, but the two would come back unconscious every time. Grandfather has taken a liking to the the two so he sometimes ends up forcing drink after drink on them.

"...Please excuse the interruption."

"Oh. Tanya, what is it?"

"Rudeus-sama has come to pick up Sir Gazelle."

"...What!"

Grandfather suddenly panicked. Since Grandfather rarely shows that side of him, I laughed.

"Tell him I'm not here."

"...But..."

As Tanya was thinking about how to pass that information to Rudeus, he appeared from behind her.

"So Grandfather... I've heard that you drank a store dry again."

"No, that's..."

"How many times do I have to tell you to please restrain yourself? You're a very influential person in this country. It may be peaceful now, but if you were suddenly attacked while you were unconscious, there will be nothing we can do. I beg for you to drink less outside!"

Hearing Rudeus' argument, it seemed like Grandfather's shoulders shrunk smaller and smaller. Rudeus is my mother's brother's son.. Basically he's my cousin, the head of household and heir to be of the Anderson House. Incidentally, Marquis Anderson says frequently that since he's weaker than Grandfather he doesn't want to be affiliated with the Order or the Army. Similarly, Rudeus isn't affiliated with either and is simply studying to be the successor. Though I don't know what he's studying in particular... As one would expect, he is Grandfather's grandson. His athletic ability is similar to that of Ryle or Dida, and his physique is slender but well built.

"It's been a long time, Rudi."

"It has been a while, Iris. Ah, sorry. Although it's a long-awaited reunion, we meet because of this kind of reason."

I'm 2 years older than him, so we met during one year at the Academy. But since we were in different years, meeting him was difficult, and near the end I was also banished from the Academy.

"It's fine. I was also telling Grandfather that he should drink less."

"Is that so? I'm thankful that Iris is telling Grandfather the same thing. Grandfather won't listen to what I say, but surely he'd listen to you."