CHAPTER 37:Various Speculations II

"...I guess his status has dropped."

I spoke of the details of the party that happened the other day with Alfred who is currently in front of me. However, because it's been a long time since I made an appearance at a party, I was really tired.

"If Ellia and her maternal house also made a move, I think it would have been more interesting. However, Ellia was busy greeting other aristocrats... She was too absorbed, frantically greeting and soliciting them to increase their influence that she didn't notice. It's the same with the Marquis' House."

Alfred nodded looking satisfied.

"It's not good to be too greedy. Since people from other countries were in attendance, it's not advantageous to show that our Kingdom is in chaos. Still, it has reduced the influence of the Second Prince's faction... and tipped the balance of the neutral members' opinions. As expected of you, grandmother."

"I didn't do anything at all. If I have to say something, it was Edward who caused his own self-destruction... is probably the best way to explain it. At any rate, has that child always been so thoughtless?"

"Who knows... From the very start, he has always been egotistical. If one is to describe his current state, it will be "If he loses his stopper, he will rampage," or somewhere along those lines."

Hearing Alfred's description... I thought it was accurate and nodded my head. It was a perfectly fitting phrase.

"So what you're saying is that the stopper, that Baron's daughter... must be taken away. How was it? Since it's you, you have probably already investigated her."

"Yes, of course. ...Ludy."

"Yes."

Ludy, who always stood on the side, reacted to Alfred's words and took a step forward.

"When we investigated the girl, we found out that she is the illegitimate child of the head of the House of Noir. His partner was a housemaid who was serving in the Royal Castle.

After that, the maid resigned from her position and entered the Noir House. Then, she gave birth to a daughter, Yuri, she left the Noir Baron House and went into seclusion.

Baron Noir seemed like he looked for her whereabouts, but he was not able to find her for the past dozen years, and it wasn't until the year before the girl enrolled at the academy that she was found."

Until she was found, I wonder if she has been living in the streets? Even so, to actually look for her without any result for over a dozen years, exactly how large of an importance did the Baron place on her existence...?

"Is that so... Are there any other information?"

"I am really sorry. There is no other information right now."

"I understand. Please continue your investigation on her."

"Certainly."

"...That said, it would be advantageous for you to have that stopper removed."

"...Well, I wonder what it is you're implying."

When I asked, Alfred played dumb and smiled. Really, he absolutely doesn't want to reveal his intentions.

"However, because of this matter, there are those who would definitely side Second Prince faction thinking... "Since he doesn't have a good head on his shoulders, he should be easy to manipulate." and thus joined delightedly. As for the people who are on our side, they were probably pleased to see Edward showing such an appearance. Therefore, it's presumably very convenient for you, right?"