[30]

Life Of Jiji

All Rights Reserved

©2021 Tena Ifiemi

####

essence - wizkid & tems ♪

in your eyes - the weeknd

####

"ШHЏ ΛЯΞ ШΞ PЯΞPΛЯłЛG for inter house sports already when it's not even this term?" Ayomide asked randomly as we had lunch.

"They postponed it. It was supposed to be this term." Richard says.

"What I want to know is why Richard is the only boy on this table." Khadijah says and the boy in questions sends her a heavy scowl. She just smirked her usual Khadijah way in return.

"Are you serious though?" I asked, turning to Ayomide to let her know I was referring to what she said but it was Katherine that replied instead.

"Yes nau. This school just wants to stress us for no reason." She complained.

"Apparently it's not for no reason sha. I heard that there's a very special guest coming. Like, very, very special." Ayomide told us, leaning forward with her eyes wide open like she was telling a bunch of little children a story filled with fairies and magic. "In fact, I know the special person but I'm not telling." Ayomide said in a puerile way. [Oh how it pleases me to make most of y'all look for the meaning of puerile]

Khadijah hissed long and hard, "Do you really think that bothers us?" She asked but she was still the one who pestered Ayo for her 'secret' minutes later. If I had to shake my head every time Khadi did something stupid my head might have fallen off by now.

I'm sorry if that was graphic...

"Ayo!" Someone called as we walked to the hostel after lunch. Four of us girls simultaneously turned to the source of the voice but I guess one of us already knew who it was.

"Ayo, can I talk to you please?" Kene asked and I could see the calm and composed Ayo I've known the past few days start to break.

Ayo is admittedly a very strong person. Ever since the day she caught Kene cheating on her  and broke up with him, she hadn't said anything in that regard. Yes, she spent most of her time alone but she never seemed sad and whenever I saw her she was always smiling so I was shocked to see the dynamic emotions displayed on her face just at the sound of Kene's voice. They hadn't talked since the break up, that I knew so I guess I could understand her reaction to an extent.

"She doesn't want to talk to you." I found myself saying and recoiled almost immediately. Where did that come from? I avoided Kene's eyes.

"Yeah she really doesn't." Khadijah jumps in, "So get your ugly ass and face out of here." 

I smiled even as it shocked me that Khadi spoke up for Ayo even though from what I could see, she had actually been warming up to her in the past few days. I don't really know but for some reason, Khadijah developed some kind of hate towards all my former roommates after that incident with Dami's phone. She was against it when I started talking to Ayo again. She says I'm too forgiving.

"Guys, its alright." Ayo says and I'm actually not surprised and I can also swear I saw Kene relax. Determined to continue disliking the boy, I frowned in confusion at that. "Y'all can go. I'll come to the hostel later."

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Katherine asks and Ayo nodded. I gave Kene one last look as if that would convey the message in my head, 'you better not do any rubbish' before turning back to the hostel way with the rest of the girls.