[13]

Life Of Jiji

All Rights Reserved

2020 ©Tena Ifiemi

####

"ЏФU GUЏS, ł'M SФЯЯЏ." I said quickly and Ayo narrowed her eyes.

"For?"

"Its my fault that Reya punished you and..."

"Did you tell her to punish us?" Nengi asked and I shake my head. "And even if it was you who told her, we totally deserved it."

"But see what happened." Amarachi piqued in. "Chisom told me, Dami, Katherine, Nengi and Zainab to come to your room. At first we were talking about regular things and I swear what you heard was all she said about you, I promise. I'm not trying to defend Chisom. She was the one that brought this upon us after all. I just want you to know that we wouldn't have stood for it if she said anymore."

"And Zainab would never be part of something like this." Nini added hastily. "That girl adores you. Chisom called her to dress her bed that's why she was there. She'll probably come and talk to you later today. She couldn't come now because she hasn't completed a Government note. You know how Tokumbo can be. Please don't be mad at her, the poor girl is killing herself over this."

"Aw, Ejiro!" Ayo groaned as she rushed towards me swiping my cheeks with her thumbs. "Don't cry please, I already feel awful."

"We!" Katherine corrected from behind her and I couldn't help smiling between my tears. I didn't even know I had started to tear up and now I'm a sobbing mess on Ayo's shoulder.

"I know Ovieya said you shouldn't see us as your friends," Ayo started saying. "But we're sorry, we really are. Its all Chisom, I swear. We were talking about the Kardashians and Chisom just started talking about you! Out of nowhere!"

"Should I come back later?" I know its Mitchell immediately I hear the voice so I release my self from Ayo's grip wiping my cheeks before I look to the door where he's standing very awkwardly.

"We'll see you later Ejiro." Nini says immediately she catches a glance of his face and soon all the girls filed out after her and Mitchell came in. I couldn't help but notice the way Nini violently brushes against him as she passed the door.

"What was that all about?" I asked him as he pulls a chair to the bed and sits down.

"What's this all about?" He retorts gesturing to my weak form while tactfully dodging my question.

"Something called Malaria." I tell him and he shakes his head.

"Are you okay, Jiji? I mean, besides this malaria...what's going on? I've been hearing some very unpleasant things." He says and I narrow my eyes but this only makes my head hurt more.

"Did you just call me Jiji?" I arch my left brow as high as it could go.

"Sorry, its what Ovieya calls you and... Never mind." He scratches his head and I frown.

"You want to know my problem? Its you! You're obviously keeping something from me. Something that might have to do with all this!" I practically explode.

"Hey, calm down." Mitchell begs looking uncomfortable. I feel the moisture on my cheeks again and curse. I hate being a crybaby but life is not fucking fair is it? And my head hurts so much! "I think you need to rest Ejiro. I'll see you later and I swear I'll tell you when you're feeling much better." He promises.

"I'm sorry, I'm very embarrassing." I say wiping my face. The way I'm acting, he's probably saying we can talk when I'm more 'sane'.

"You're not. See you later." He says and leaves.