[32]

Life Of Jiji

All Rights Reserved

©2021 Tena Ifiemi

####

mystery girl - johnny drille

heather - conan gray

####

"ЯΞЏΛ." ł SΛłÐ ШHΞЛ I faced her although I already knew who it was before I even turned.

"How are you?" My sister asked and I smiled a small smile.

"Fine. You?"

"Fine." Then she chuckled, covering her face with her palm for a brief second. "So formal. It sounds like we're meeting for a business deal."

"Well, are we?" I asked and she shot me an unamused look.

I laughed inside me.

"My birthday is on Friday and I was hoping we could plan it together." She says and I stare at her confused. "Mom would be sending a cake and she's going to transfer cash to Ms Angela to help us get some other stuff."

I noticed that she said 'us'. I mean, It's her birthday.

"I'm really busy these days." I told her, "I'm in the school play."

"Oh." She looked genuinely shocked and then she smiled, "Wow, congratulations."

I didn't smile back, I just stared at her; I really didn't know where this was going. Reya was quiet too and I had to stop myself from timing the duration of the silence.

"Look, Jiji, I'm sorry. That day, I really wanted us to bond... or something because we barely even talk and then I saw that message in your phone. You can't blame me for thinking it was you who told him, I just felt so betrayed. I've known the truth for a while now and me and Mitchel are together again but I'm sure you already know that. I'm sorry I've not told you this and that I accused you like that."

I didn't want to look at her but then I realized she too wasn't looking at me, so I looked at her. Her eyes were glued to the ground and her braids were in her face.

"Is it because of Mitchel?"

"What?" She looked up.

"Is it because of Mitchel that you're apologizing?"

She bit her lip, "Mitchel pushed me to apologize, yes, but he didn't push me to realize what I did wrong."

"When Mitchel told me that you guys were together again, I felt bad that I didn't even know that you had settled and you knew the truth but now I feel embarrassed that you're apologizing to me."

"Make it easier for me then. I still have a lot of the pride that I've always had."

I laughed. "I forgive you. I've forgiven you since. This is awkward."

"One last thing." Reya said when I think I'm finally free to leave. "Khadijah told me that you've not been sleeping well these days. Is everything okay?"

My heart lurched painfully in my chest. "Huh?"

"That you were crying the other day and it's not the first time, yada yada, yada. Come to my room this night, yeah? Let's talk about it." Then she looked past me and when I turned, I saw her friends waiting for her. One of them waved at Me as they left.

Khadijah, oh my God! Why did she do this? Does she even know what she has done? She should have just let it be. It really didn't concern her. Reya would find out. She would find out and then she'll tell TJ and Mom and then ...then...