Intro

Life Of Jiji

All Rights Reserved

2020 ©Tena Ifiemi

####

"I still don't understand why you want to change schools Jiji!" Reya says as she handed me the dish she was washing so I could rinse it. I sigh but I don't look at her as I speak up.

"Do you not want me to come? I don't want to disturb you. It's just..." I trailed off, not really wanting to say anything.

"I didn't say I don't want you to come to my school Jiji. It's just weird, nobody wants to leave their school just like that. Especially when their in Year 11! Won't you miss your friends?" She looked at me for about five seconds before throwing her hands in the air. "You're not even telling anyone anything, maybe except mom since she's actually agreeing to change you to my school."

Not giving me a chance to say anything—if I had anything to say to her—Reya hurriedly dried her hands and stormed out of the kitchen leaving all the remaining plates for me to take care of.

If I was being honest, I had a lot of things to say to Reya, I had a lot of things to say to anyone who cared to listen but of course, nobody did. And even if they started caring now, I wouldn't be so trusting.

When I finished doing the dishes, I cleaned the cooker and counter as well before I locked the door and made my way to my room. I sighed when I passed by TJ and Reya's rooms dragging the tips of my fingers along the doors. Both of them are so close! They have a very strong sibling bond...one that I'm definitely not supposed to be included in.

Once finally inside my own sanctuary, I lock the door and strip until I was wearing nothing but my panties. The clothes I wore, I threw on my bed, promising myself to sort them out once I was done with my bath. Coming out from the bathroom where I had just turned on the faucet, running water into the bath I passed by the floor length mirror at the corner of my room and couldn't help but stop in front of it.

Ejiro Irikefe. The quiet girl. The one that doesn't really speak. The reserved younger sister. Mystery.

I didn't spend much time looking at myself. It's not something I like to do often. I don't want to be reminded of the person I am all the time. So, unlike your typical teen girl; I don't look at the mirror much.

I entered the bathroom again right on time and turned off the faucet before the water would begin to flow out. After squeezing in my vanilla scented bubble bath and two drops of lavender oil, I got into the bath and allowed myself to relax and lose myself to the soft music I was playing in the background.

What can I say, I love bathing in the sweetest way possible.

My bathroom is probably the only place I can lose myself completely. I can cry, laugh, dance and twirl around crazily to the music and of course, speak to myself. Yes, I speak to myself and I don't find that crazy at all. I'm sure I'm not the only one that does it either.

I'm my own best friend, and I have to tell her everything that goes on in my life.