[19]

Life of Jiji

All Rights Reserved

2020 ©Tena Ifiemi

####

"ЛФ, ΛϾТUΛŁŁЏ." ЯΛϾHΞŁ SΛłÐ. You're Amanda's daughters are you not? She asked.

"Umm, yeah" Reya replied awkwardly.

"Didn't she tell you about the pyjama party?"

Since we didn't still understand, Rachel had to explain from the top and it so happened that most of moms friends children were also in the hotel and they planned a little get together so now, she was here to whisk us away to the craziest night of our lives.

Hmm.

"So are you guys coming or not?" Rachel asked.

"Do our parents know about this?" I asked and Rachel breathed heavily.

I don't want to sound like a baby and I'm sure Reya doesn't either but this is Nigeria sis!

"So, are they coming or not." A suspiciously boyish voice came behind Rachel. Or manly maybe?

Kidnapper...? Time to close the door Reya.

A boy (possibly the owner of the voice and not the height and stature I was expecting for a kidnapper) and a very familiar looking girl came behind Rachel. Both in their PJs.

"Dunni?" Reya said, obviously recognizing the girl.

"So you guys are the goody-two-shoed descendants." Dunni said laughing hysterically and Reya blushed.

Turns out, Dunni is one of Reyas friends from school and she's also one of the 'descendants'. We finally allowed ourselves to get dragged away by Rachel and co to the lounge of an extra-large suite.

"This is Lady Ds suite. Shes the party host." Rachel told us. "And over there," she said, jerking her head towards a girl in a very tight excuse for PJs, "That's Demi D, or at least what she used to be called. Now only the grown-ups that know Lady D call her that. We teenagers just stick to Dianne. She's Lady D's daughter. Could be a bit snobbish."

I nod, not saying anything. And to think I planned to go to bed before 12am tonight.

"So, do we have everyone here?" The boy I was suspecting to be a kidnapper asked.

Some people said, 'Yes'. Some said, 'Guess so' Me? If your guess was that I said nothing, you know me too well.

"I'm Evans." He said, introducing himself and I chuckled.

I definitely wasn't expecting everybody to turn to look at me. Including a very intimidating looking Demi D. I blushed and raised my phone as an answer to Evans raised eyebrow. Let him think I was laughing at a meme or something.

"Rachel." Rachel said, waving from where she sat crossed legged on the carpeted floor.

Everybody caught up with the trend and started to introduce themselves. There was a Daniel, a Georgia, an Olivia, a Tobe, a Halima, a Temi, a Braid (Dude refused to say his real name o. Said he was going to keep calling himself that till his mom realized that it was his destiny to braid his hair and finally let him). There were two Favours and it was a bit of an argument on who was going to be Favour 1 and who would be Favour 2. There were others but some names just flew out of my head. We're a lot more than Disneys Descendants, that's for sure.

"Ejiro." I said when it was my turn.

"Ovieya." Reya said.

"Hey, hey, hey." Rachel said. "None of that formal bullshit sis."