nervous habit

Chapter 46. Nervous Habit

"Wake up sleepy head!" Amber's overly enthusiastic voice abruptly rips me out of my slumber.

"Uhhh....what time is it?" I groan as I pull a pillow over my face.

The guest bedroom Amber and I took was filled with the warm sunlight of the outside.

We finally arrived around 1:30 a.m this morning.

After Amber and I loaded our bags in our rooms we immediately knocked out.

However, that didn't last long considering Amber who's barely 5'2 managed to cover every aspect of the bed.

"It's 10:30! Everyone's already up. I think Axel Grayson and Nolan left to go somewhere, Cooper stayed back though to take us when we wake up," Amber explains as she covers herself in suntan lotion.

"That was nice of him," I murmur, still trying to get my eyes to adjust to all the light.

The guest bedroom was larger than I recalled from last night. The ceilings are high and the walls are a pale grey with light oak furniture and a strong smell of a Yankee candle lingering in the air.

"Yeah, he's a babe," Amber comments as I finally pull myself from off the bed. 

"Should I wear a bathing suit under my clothes?" I ask Amber and I begin searching through my bag for possible outfits.

"Girl it's Florida what kind of question is that, it's like 90 degrees out there," Amber remarks, and I yawn, "You're right, just let me shower and I'll be ready," I grab my bathing suit and clothes and carry it to the shower.

After I shower and brush my teeth I slip on my baby blue rib underwire two-piece bathing suit with ties on each shoulder. I slip on black jean shorts and a nude bandage crop top and walk out of the bathroom to put socks and slip-on vans on.

"Okay you look hot," Amber remarks as she peaks from her phone "Gracias mi amiga," I snicker as I rub some leave-in conditioner through my hair.

"Ready to go?" She asks and I nod and follow her out.

The house looked different during the day than it did at night. The second we exit the room we are in front of a carpeted staircase. It seems to be only one bedroom downstairs as well as a living room and entertainment center. 

"Hey, are you guys ready?" Cooper asks from the living room couch.

"Indeed we are," Amber chirps and we leave through the front door of the house.

The sun immediately wraps me in a warm blanket the second I step outside. I glance around the neighborhood and notice a pattern between the washed-out wooden beach houses.

Kids laugh and ride their bikes and we proceed down the sidewalk.

"So where is everyone?" I ask out of curiosity, "They all went down to the boardwalk fair, it's not far at all maybe like a 10-minute walk, if that," Cooper happily states and Amber gasps, "I love fairs!"

"It's so dope there, there's a lot of rides and games," Cooper responds.

Before long the fair is in sight and we are at the entrance buying wristbands. Not even being outside for ten minutes I already feel the intensity of the sun radiating onto my skin.

"Wow there's a lot of people here," I note and Cooper glances around, "Oh yeah! This is definitely a tourist area for sure." 

We begin walking through the crowds of people. Game booths and concession stands crowd the area as well as all of the lines of people attached to them.