slaughtered

Chapter 22. Slaughtered

"Wait so why did you pull the fire alarm again?" Amber asks as she hangs upside down at the edge of my bed texting on her phone, "I told you already....I thought I saw a snake in the hallway and panicked" I explain changing into a pair of jeans after my shower after baseball practice.

"A snake?" Olly asks who's currently face first on my bed, I thought he was asleep?

"Yes a snake now let it go" I harshly mutter grabbing my phone unplugging it from my charger, "We should leave soon if we want to catch the movie" I announce staring at the time on my phone.

My attention darts my door that flings open along with Jack trudging in, "Hey I'm leaving to a bonfire" He informs not even bothering to look up from his phone.

"Jack!" Amber cheers springing from my bed tackling him into a bear hug, "Bucky" he grins picking her up off the floor. Bucky is a nickname Jack gave Amber because when she was younger, Amber had buck teeth. Not the type that are just an abnormal alignment of the upper and lower jaw, the type that actually stuck straight out of her mouth.

"You've gotten skinnier girl damn" Jack comments sending red flags through my brain.

"Is that JJ?" Olly groans in a muffled voice through the pillow as Jack lets out a chuckle setting Amber down, "Olly what's up man, how's your sister?" Jack teases as Olly quickly bounces off his face propping hisself up his elbows, "Funny" his green eyes narrowing at Jack as he chuckles.

"Were leaving to the movies Jack, where's Miguel?" I ask concerned at the fact I didn't see Miguel when I came home from school. My Aunt Summer had texted me earlier today notifying me that she was taking my grandma to a doctor's appointment for her back in the town a few hours over. But she didn't mention if she took Miguel or not.

"He's out with that Kyle guy I think" Jack mutters in an unsure tone returning his attention back to his phone, "What movie are you guys seeing?"

"Slaughtered" I cheekily grin as Jack's attention immediately darts up from his phone with wide eyes, "I heard it's supposed to be scary as fuck"

"Indeed brother indeed"

"What time is your guy's movie?" He asks, "Eight thirty" Olly responds back to his original position on his stomach sprawled out.

"It's eight twenty" Miguel notifies and I feel my eyes widen in realization, "We gotta go" Amber and I grab Olly's arms pulling him off the bed. With a loud thud and a whine Olly was on my floor rubbing his head.

"I hate you all" He glares daggers at us only making Amber, Jack, and I laugh even harder. After exchanging goodbyes with Jack we all exit my house entering Amber's bright red Jeep.

"So it's this Friday?" Amber curiously asks peering through her rear view mirror at Olly as she parks the car, "Yup" he states popping the 'p'.

"Are you excited?" Amber asks as he shrugs, "More or less" he bluntly comments causing Amber to scold him, "We are going"

"No you're not" he deadpans as we exit the car immediately unwelcomed by the bitter dry cold air as we near the entrance, "Oh yes we are, we are going to get flowers and bring you chocolates" Amber flashes Olly a toothy grin as he sighs in defeat, "Fine"

Olly is a great play writer, a phenomenal one in fact. This Friday, one of his plays are being produced at the school, this isn't the first though, Olly's has had one of his plays produced at a local theater in downtown Plain-View before. When Olly and I would produce films, I would direct and film while Olly would create the scripts. He even wrote the dialogue for our short film we are creating for the festival.