water is not wet

Chapter 47. Water is not wet

"What..." before I can even form a coherent sentence Axel's hands are cupping my face and pulling me in.

Our lips touch and I feel sparks bang from my lips that travel down to every square inch of my body. I kiss him back and it feels like there are millions of electric signals coursing through me making me feel light as air. 

All I can think is: there's no way this is happening.

He kisses me with so much passion that my body feels like it's on fire. I bring my hands up to cup his face. His skin and hair are damp from the water as he pulls me closer.

Before I know it the kiss is deepening and his hands grip my hips and he pulls me onto his lap.

"Fuck," he murmurs under his breath as I adjust myself onto his lap. His voice sends butterflies through me and I feel light as air.

My hands move from his face to behind his neck as he grips my hips with force causing a soft gasp to slip past my lips. He smiles against my mouth I feel my cheeks burn red.

His lips tear from mine and he stares at me with a smile that tugs every string of my heart.

I stare at him back still in disbelief as my body rushes with adrenaline.

His thumbs draw circles where my thighs meet my hip as I rest my forehead on his.

"I have feelings for you too if that wasn't clear," I state sheepishly and he chuckles, "Really? I couldn't tell."

The music cuts suddenly and my phone begins to ring.

My phone is behind Axel and he reaches for it and hands it to me.

Still completely flustered, I answer my phone.

"Hello?"

"Bro what the hell, I thought you died," Olly blurts out and I let out a nervous laugh, "No, it turns out ghost face was not out to get me."

"That's good news, why do you look so flustered?" Olly bluntly asks and Axel stifles his laughter, "Good question, the pool is really hot so..." I lie and Olly shrugs as he stuffs fries in his mouth, "Okay, have fun doing whatever you're doing Carolina," He grins and hangs up and I feel my heart plunge in embarrassment.

"Think he believed me?" I ask Axel.

"You're such a good liar, I almost believed you," He mocks and I roll my eyes.

"No water is not wet!" Axel and I immediately both dart our attention to the voice coming from behind the backyard.

"Yes, it is!" 

"Cooper," Axel and I say in sync.

"How it is not wet?" Cooper loudly asks as him and Amber enter the backyard through a gate.

"BECAUSE-..." Amber abruptly stops her sentence as she notices me and Axel in the pool.

"Exactly, you don't have a rea-..." Cooper also pauses as he turns around from locking the gate.

"Hey," Axel waves and Cooper and Amber give each other a smug look as they walk past the pool.

"I am never going to hear the end of this, if you hear a scream later it's probably Amber," I drag my face with my hands and Axel presses his lips together, "I think she already knows, I might have asked Cooper to take Amber somewhere so I could talk to you."

"Really?" I wonder and he nods which causes my heart to inflate.

"Yeah... that's why he suggested the walk," He clarifies and realization falls upon me, "So what did you want to talk about?" I wonder and he leans back in amusement, "What do you think?"

I feel my smile spread from ear and ear.

His hand grabs mine and he intertwines our hands underwater. 

__________

Well, there it is folks :))

Comment and vote loves.

QOTD: "

they slipped 

briskly into

an intimacy

from which they

never recovered. 

"

- f. scott fitzgerald