truth hurts

Chapter 21. Truth hurts

"You're overreacting" he groans as he further lays back in his seat throwing his head back in annoyance.

"I've never had a detention before, plus I was setup" I explain crossing my arms over my chest, "Let me guess, by the green snakes that roam the school?" He sarcastically asks in an innocent tone before a full out grin appears on his face.

"Whatever, you didn't have to try to take the blame for it, I appreciate it though" I admit pressing my lips into a thin line, "Aww Care bear you think I did that for you?" He asks out of pure amusement, "I had a test I wanted to get out of, detention seemed like the easy way out" he shrugs pulling out his phone typing away.

"I guess" I mumble, you are probably wondering why I haven't told Mr.Sanchez about Beth. Well as much as much I dislike Beth, snitching isn't my style, and I doubt he'd believe me anyways.

"Let's go" He suggests putting his phone in his pocket, I blink a few times, "I'm sorry what?"

"I said let's go Care bear, our next adventure, ditching detention" He smirks glancing over at the detention teacher who's knocked out cold, "She's knocked out, live a little"

"Last time you said that we did something highly illegal and you threw me over a fence, maybe your type of adventure isn't for me" I inform rolling my eyes as he shrugs, "See that's where you are mistaken Care, I wasn't asking, let's go" He springs up from his chair grabbing my wrist leading me to the doorway.

I follow closely behind him jerking my wrist back as we make it to the doorway, "What If we get caught?" I nervously ask as he pokes his head out through the doorway glancing through the hallways.

"And what if we don't?" He boldly asks turning around to face me. He takes a stride forward to where his face is merely inches from mine, "The real question is, aren't you bored?" His asks, his question completely throwing me off guard.

"W-What?" I stutter unsure of what he's truly asking, "I'm asking aren't you bored, living life taking no risks. Waking up everyday, going to school, going to practice, going home, doing your homework. Life is moving around you and if you don't take the advantage to act out or do anything fun you'll miss it" He bluntly explains in a harsh tone as his minty fresh breath fills the air. Does he eat mint leaves for breakfast?

My lips part to speak but soon close as I take his words into true consideration. Life goes by too fast to not take a risk every once in a while.

"Let's go" I blurt out internally smiling at how how his lips curl into a devilish smirk as he grabs my hand leading me out the classroom.

I ignore the sparks that shoot through my arm by his touch as I follow him through the hallways. We exit the school and he lets go my hand and I quickly shrug off the short glimpse of sadness I felt when he let go.

I enter the passenger seat of his car buckling myself in as he starts his car.

"Where are we going?" I curiously ask gazing out the window completely comforted by the blur of the familiar surroundings, "I take it that you don't like surprises that much" he grins as he turns off Willow street into Lightland Park, a city right next to Plain-view.

After a few minutes of driving through town he turns off the main road entering a forest region. I take in my surroundings as he continues driving through the forest into a part of Lightland that I'm unfamiliar with. He parks off the side of a road by a railroad track that seems to be abandoned. He turns the ignition off opening his car door stepping out.

I open my door following him in silence as we walk on the railroad track. The walk is peaceful, the trail is darker considering the sun has yet to reach its peak and the trees blocking it.