quinton's biggest fan

Chapter 6.) Quinton's biggest fan

"Do I have to do this?" I ask as we enter the downtown region of Plain-View, "Don't be a wuss we're almost here" Amber sighs rolling her eyes at me.

"Where are we going again?" I ask out of the pure curiosity of having no idea of where I agreed to go, "The bowling alley" she replies as we pull into the bowling alley.

"But we suck at bowling..." I admit as she parks the car giving me a knowing look, "Indeed we do best friend, indeed we do"

She shuts her car off opening her car door stepping out. I shift uncomfortably in the plush seat of the car, is it too late to back out?

I nearly jump out of my skin when Amber knocks at my window, "Hurry up dipshit" her muffled voice yells through the window with a wicked grin I can barely make out from the darkness.

I sigh opening my door stepping out of the car. I close the door behind me shuffling behind Amber to the entrance. I feel my heart beat quicken as she opens the door and we enter. What am I doing? I can't do this.

"Amber I have cramps, I should g-" Amber's deathly glare cuts me up mid-sentence, "Oh no you don't, you are going on a double date with me and you will have fun" she scolds me and I roll my eyes, "Whatever Mom"

My eyes search the foggy retro looking bowling alley. My gaze soon lands on a pair of boys standing by where you get your bowling shoes. I feel my eyes widen as they both look in our direction. Amber squeal running over and jumping into the arms of one of them with dirty blonde hair starting an intense make out session.

I awkwardly tip toe over to them meeting the gaze of a boy with pale brown hair and bright blue eyes. He's rather good looking too, he's around 5'11 and has kind eyes. He wears a charming confident smile that reminds me of Axel's in a way.

I mentally slap myself for thinking about him on a double date. Amber finally stops making out with whoever her date is and he sets her down. She eagerly turns to me, "Carolina this is Brennon" she introduces me to her date who looks out of breath from their kissing.

He winks at me and wraps his arm around Amber's shoulder, I press my lips in a thin line crossing my arms over my chest.

"Carolina that's Luca, Luca this is Amber's friend Carolina" Brennon introduces me to the handsome stranger and I offer a warm smile that he returns.

"Shoe sizes?" A grown man behind the counter impatiently asks, "An eight" Amber giggles, "A seven" I mutter.

"A twelve" Brennon replies and Luca's brows stitch together, "Dude you're an eight"

Brennon shoots him a deathly glare, "Shut up" he spits and I fight back a giggle as Brennon's cheeks turn a bright pink.

"An eleven" Luca responds and the man grabs our shoes handing us them. I grab my pair following the crowd to our lane sitting down. I take my vans off pulling my bowling shoes on.

I patiently wait as Brennon adds all our names onto the board. Brennon decides to go first as grabs a red ball lining up for the shot. He throws it and hits four pins down. We play a few rounds and Amber looks as if she's having the time of her life. Her and Brennon have had at least several make out sessions and I've never felt so uncomfortable.

"Hey" I slightly tense at Luca's voice as he jumps in the seat next to me, "Hi" I chirp never meeting his gaze. Ahh quit being so awkward.

"Looks like they are having fun" he nods his head over to Amber and Brennon who are making out yet again. I scrunch my nose in disgust at the PDA.