kickback

Chapter 41. Kickback

"You did it! You guys actually freaking did it!" Jack hollers ten feet away from me as he sprints my way. He lunges at me and swoops me up in a hug that takes my literal feet off the ground.

"YES CONGRATS!" Amber sequels along with Miguel who all pile at me. All the weight almost makes me collapse but I can't help but smile at them.

"Are you trying to kill her? Make way." My grandma snaps as she nears me.

"You killed it honey!" My grandma grins and hugs me as well. I thank all of them as I return the hugs one by one.

"Carolina...." I spin around to see Eli who's smirking at me with a shrug, "You're home!" I happily cheer as he extends his arms and hugs me.

I'm not sure how I can explain it besides the fact that Eli had to be somebody I feel like I've known for ages.

"You killed it out there pitching! I was like DAMN who is that girl." He smirks, one similar to Axel's and I jokingly nudge him, "Right."

"You going to Grayson's kick back?" Eli asks me and I shrug, "I wasn't aware he was throwing something, I'd have to ask, I think my grandma wants to get food." I explain and he pouts, "You've got to go! Who's going to entertain me." Eli pleads and I roll my eyes, "I'll do my best." I giggle and he flashes me a thumbs up before walking away.

I turn around to see Olly staring with furrowed eyebrows, "He looks like someone... I can't put my finger on it."

"Oh I don't know... maybe Axel?" Amber utters in a "duh" tone and Olly's eyes light up, "Yes Axel, it was bothering me."

"I guess Grayson's having a kick back, did you guys want to go?" I ask out of curiosity and Amber's eyebrows stitch together, "That must've been what Coop was asking me about."

Coop?

"What's all that about anyway?" I ask nodding at her shirt that is Cooper's and she smirks smugly, "Nothing."

"Aw she's blushing." Olly pokes her cheek and she swats his hand away, "I am not."

"Anyway, the kickback?" I ask, "Yeah I'll go."

"I don't know, I think the baseball team might still be out for my head because of Callie." Olly states with a suspicious look.

"I think her brother accepted it honestly, do you guys still talk?" I ask out of curiosity and Olly nods, "That's my cutie." He flips on his home screen and it's a picture of Callie in a 'Star Wars' hoodie sitting on his bed.

"Adorable." I comment and Amber screeches, "You guys are actually the cutest wow."

Olly winces from her high pitch screech, "Thank you guys."

"Of course." We say in sync.

"Anyway, I've got to go home and shower before I can go anywhere." I add, "Indeed you do, you smell like foot." Jack states matter of fact like from behind me.

I spin around and glare at him, "Thank you for your input Jack."

He winks at me and I'm glad that he's finally looking like himself again. I'm not sure what has happened between him and that girl but I do know that he finally seems to be better.

Getting out of the parking lot is difficult because of all the traffic. Amber takes me home with Ollie and they sit in my room while I shower and get dressed.

I slip on some blue high wasted mom jeans with tall black and white striped socks that I bunch up. I then slip on a plane deep red body suit that's short sleeved.