good grief

Chapter 11. Good grief

"Where are we?" I curiously ask as he pulls up to a field where an abandoned children's park and baseball field is in the distance. We've been driving for about half an hour, the sky is now a cool blue after the sun has set and I don't recognize the area.

"A park" he bluntly responds reaching in the back seat grabbing a bag before stepping out the car. Thanks for that detailed answer.

I exit the passenger seat taking in my surroundings, it seems we are in a trailer park neighborhood. I admire the sky for a while as well, I've always loved this time of the day right after the sunset before it is fully dark. The cool blues settle well with the lighter blues closer to where the sun previously set.

"Care bear?" Axel asks snapping me out of my daze, I continue following him through the grassy field, suddenly a wave of panic flows through me. I hardly know this guy.

"Uh.. you aren't going to kill me or anything right?" I ask with a light hearted chuckle, "yup, I've got the duck tape and gasoline right in here" he shakes the bag in his hand as we approach the baseball field and I completely stop in my tracks. I feel eyes bulge out of my head as he continues walking not realizing I've stopped. He glances over his shoulder realizing I've stopped after he takes a few more strides.

He stops turning around to meet my gaze, a smile tugging at his lips, "wow you really can't take a joke"

I let a sigh of relief as he chuckles turning back around approaching the baseball stump setting his bag down.

"Here" He reaches into the bag throwing me a baseball bat and gloves, "go to home plate" he says nodding his head at home plate. I decide to not be difficult and trudge over to home plate waiting patiently as he digs into the bag pulling out a mitt and a baseball.

"Why are we here?" I ask shivering a little as a cold breeze cuts through the air, "We are here to improve your batting skills"

"Really? You are being nice and helping me?" I ask out of disbelief, Axel? Doing something genuinely nice for me?

"Don't take it personal nerd, if I'm in the batting line behind you that means how well you bat can affect my turn" and there's the sweet Axel I know and love.

"I'm not a nerd and gee thanks" I mutter rolling my eyes getting into my batting stance. He rolls his shoulders a few times before getting ready for the pitch, "but I got a single that one time in the scrimmage when you pitched" I point out and he gives me an are you serious look, "I was feeling nice Care bear" wow, there goes my self esteem.

"What about a catcher?" I ask, "we won't need one because you are going to hit all of these"

"It's sweet you have confidence in me but I wouldn't raise your expectations that high" I sigh, "Fine, we'll go slow at first since it's your first time" he smirks and my lips part to thank him but soon close followed by a scowl, "you are disgusting"

He flashes me a devilish grin before winding up for the pitch, he throws it and I swing missing it completely. I shoot him a look of confusion furrowing my eyebrows, "that was slow?!" I ask out of pure shock and he scoffs, "wow you really are terrible"

I roll my eyes getting into my stance, "was that an eye roll Garcia?" He asks with a hint of amusement in his voice and I roll them again, "please pitch again"

"I mean since your begging for it" he smirks throwing another pitch that I completely miss, "ahh this is hopeless" I groan in frustration and he stares at me for a few moments studying me.

"Oh I see what you are doing wrong" he realizes striding over towards me, "get into your stance again" I do as I'm told getting into my stance, I begin to feel uncomfortable as his eyes rake my body up and down studying me.

"Hold your arms like this" he gets into his stance right in front of me and I do my best to copy it, "this?"

"Good grief, has anybody ever taught you how to bat?" He retorts with annoyance in his tone as he steps directly behind me. Was that a Charlie Brown reference?

I bite my lip resisting the urge to shiver as his hot breath fans my neck sending tingly feelings down my spine.

"Like this" His minty fresh breath soon fills the air as his deep voice tickles my ear. I hold my breath as he readjust my arms from behind me fixing them. I begin feel my cheeks burn from our close proximity. He steps away from me standing in front of me observing my stance.

The new stance feels very foreign to say the least, the way I am holding the bat is at a much different angle. But considering how well Axel bats I decide not to protest.

Suddenly a full on smirk appears on his face as his gaze meets mine, "do I make you nervous Garcia?"

"N-no" I stammer and I feel my cheeks turn a deeper red and his smirk only grow into a grin of mischief, "just pitch"

He returns back to the pitching stump winding up for a pitch, "you know a simply thank you would've been just fine" he chuckles and press my lips into a thin line refraining from making a snarky comment.

He winds up the pitch and throws one, I take a deep breath swinging at the blur of white, whack.

I open my eyes to see the ball soaring through the air right over Axel's head landing right before the outfield line. I drop the bat in shock as Axel is now turnt around watching the ball.

"Ahh! I can't believe I just did that!" I cheer running around doing a happy dance. Axel stares at me in shock for a moment before a genuine smile spreads over his face, "Good job Care bear"

"Thank you so much!" I charge over to him pulling him into a bear hug, adrenaline is rushing through my veins and an unbreakable smile on my face. He actually helped me.

His whole body tenses at my touch before relaxing and hugging me back lifting me slightly up above the ground.

"I could kiss you right now" I blurt out as he sets me down, "what's stopping you love" he grins raising his eyebrows at me and I scrunch up my nose in disgust, "and catch a STD of the mouth? I'll pass" I pat his shoulder and he frowns at this, "you make me sound like some type of player"

"The amount of times I've had to drowned out sex noises coming from your room this week with music is scary" I shake my head in attempt to rid the awful memories, especially since it was all different girls, "oh.. you heard that?" He asks cracking an awkward smile rubbing the back of his neck.

"Who didn't? I'm surprised you haven't received any noise complaints" I tease and he rolls his eyes, "feel free to join in on any time Garcia" he wiggles his eye brows at me suggestively nudging me with his elbow. Good grief.

"I'll pass on that one Wesley but I could go for more practice"

—————

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY LOVELY READERS

Hope you liked this chapter & I'll have more updates coming very soon (:

Qotd : "I either eat too much or starve myself. Sleep for 14 hours or have insomniac nights. Fall in love very hard or hate passionately. I don't know what grey is. I never did."