room of impending doom

Chapter 43. Room of impending doom.

"Thank goodness for the three day week, I have so many more days to pack my clothes." Amber voices as she grabs more clothes from a drawer to put into a suitcase.

"I suppose so." I answer as I look down at the outfit Amber made me try on. The outfit is a baby blue fitting plaid skirt with a white fitted blouse. The blouse was a wide u-neck with a thin strings that typed to a bow at the neckline. I'm wearing tall white socks with it as well that Amber thought would go well with it.

"I feel like this skirt is too short for me." I note as I stare at the shorter length on my long legs. "It looks fine." Amber reassures me as she goes back to her closet.

"That is a LOT of clothes for four days." Ollie stares wide eyed at Amber's mass of clothes.

"Not really. I've got a different bathing suit for everyday, several jeans shorts and enough underwear incase of emergency." Amber explains and Olly squints his eyes at the twelve pairs of underwear Amber has out, "What do you plan on doing, shitting yourself three times a day?"

"What? I'm hygienic." She throws her hands up in defense and both Ollie and I sync together in laughter.

"What have you packed?" Amber curiously asks and I think for a moment as I hand her my duffle bag, "Not much, a hoodie, some shorts, jeans, and a bathing suit or two."

"You have no cute clothes in here Care!" Amber says in distaste and I shrug, "I don't feel like looking cute." I whine and she rolls her eyes, "I'm packing you some decent clothing." She mutters as she starts packing some clothes.

"Why? Please let me look homeless." I beg. Usually I dressed okay/decent depending on who's asking, but lately my light heart break was making me feel like putting in little to no effort.

"Come on Care, I am not going to let you be sad over any guy." Amber says and I can't disagree with her.

"We leave Monday for the drive and it's going to be a fun time, Cooper told me all about it." Amber reassures and I nod nervously.

Amber had a way of doing that. I'm not sure if it was her confidence and self assurance, but Amber could calm me within any given situation.

It was currently Saturday 7 p.m. Spring break had started Wednesday right after school. The gang was currently at Amber's while she got ready for the week to come.

Earlier in the week had been awkward I can't lie. Axel and I had barely spoken except for that Monday after school. Tuesday and Wednesday we worked on the project in silence by doing our research.

Our topic happened to be if anxiety had anything to do with cut bacteria. Considering the nervous cramps and gas I had in seventh hour I could definitely agree.

"Here you can take some of these clothes, they're really cute." She hands me a bundle and I take it from her. I knew she was trying to be a good friend but the trip no longer sounded fun to me.

As much as I wanted to op out which I tried Amber and Ollie told me I should still go.

I lay on Amber's bed with Ollie as The Babysitter plays on in the background and I hear my phone buzz.

Axel_Wesley : hey

I feel my whole body stiffen as I sit up from my relaxed position. I wait a few minutes before I direct message him back.

Carolinagarcia : hey

Axel_Wesley : you busy later?

I feel my pulse quicken as I read his direct message.