💖(XDINARY HEROES)- JUNGSU- Phonophobia

Request by: Harry__1276

TRIGGER WARNING: PANIC ATTACK

"do you think the stage will go well?" Gaon said nervously as he fiddled with his fingers.

"oh, relax jiseok-ah, everything will be perfect." Gunil reassured patted gaon's back.

"it's just, it's our first live performance hyung, what if we mess up."

Jungsu chuckled at the nervous boy wrapping an arm around his shoulders.

"hey, we are gonna be great! We have an awesome song, and we all are amazing at what we do right?"

Gaon nodded softly.

"so, there's nothing to be worried about hm? Now take a breath and let's go put on an amazing show." He smiled as he felt gaon's tense body relax. He smiled softly at the older before they walked over to the stage.

"welcome boys, we are gonna have you guys run a practice set so we can do sound check okay?" the director said to them as they got into their places.

They all looked at each other saying good luck before going to their spots and setting up their instruments.

O.de was smiling excitedly as his fingers grazed the keys, jungsu making eye contact with him as he did the same feeling the smooth keys beneath his fingers. He adjusted some of the setting s on the keyboard to make sure they were correct before waiting for the track to start.

Gunil gave the director a thumbs up from his drum set indicating they were ready for the sound check.

With a simple 3, 2, 1 countdown, the music began playing from the speakers and they began playing and singing. The song sounded great live, jooyeon's vocals were on point and all of them were perfectly in sync with each other.

They were going into the chorus when suddenly a staticky sound was heard through their in-ears before an extremely loud feedback sound tore through their ear drums making them shout in surprise and discomfort.

"yah! What the hell!?" O.de yelled ripping his in-ear out and rubbing his ear.

"sorry boys! there was a soundboard malfunction! Give us a second while we fix it." The director called from the floor as he ran over to the sound board operator to assist him with fixing the equipment.

The boys had recovered quickly from the shock of the loud noise but jungsu was standing frozen in place, his hands gripping the sides of his keyboard tightly as his fingers trembled slightly.

The sound had startled him far more than the others, the loud screeching sound echoing in his ears even after it had ended.

His breath caught in his chest as he tried to focus on his surroundings, trying to desperately ignore the sound.

"hyung? Why are you just standing there? Didn't you hear gunil-hyung call us?" jooyeon asked innocently eying the older with a puzzled expression.

Jungsu snapped out of his daze upon hearing the maknae's voice.

"huh? Oh...yeah! Coming! "he said before quickly rushing over to the leader.

"don't worry you guys, sound malfunctions are bound to happen, the performance will be just fine so shake it off and re-group alright?"

They nodded at the leader collecting themselves and preparing to start the song over.

Jungsu heard the words coming from gunil's mouth, but he wasn't really paying attention, a replay of the sound playing in his head.