🖤💖(ONF) U- Nightmare

Request by: hoshis-tiger-den

TRIGGER WARNING: DOMESTIC ABUSE, CHILD ABUSE, TRAUMA, ANXIETY, PANIC ATTACK

It was dark, very very dark. Young Yuto stays curled up against the wall, his small hands pressed firmly against his ears. "Please make the noise stop" the boy begs to whoever may be listening, whatever entity can save him from the hell that he calls home.

He hears more glass shattering, deep angry slurred words echoing through the vents leading to the kitchen. He hopes that if he stays hidden behind the thin wooden doors of his closet he can make it through the night unscathed.

He keeps himself tucked in his knees, doing his best to cry quietly so his angry father won't hear him.

He feels fear, and danger. His own home feeling like a prison, a torture chamber, somewhere he wasn't safe, somewhere he never wanted to stay.

He heard the screaming die down, thinking his father passed out drunk or left the house again to get more booze. He slowly peeked his head out of the crack in between the doors, an odd calmness to his dark bedroom.

He thinks it's safe. He crawls out of his hiding spot hoping he can make it to his bed and escape to dream land before his father returns home. He knew his father wouldn't bother hurting him if he was asleep. There was no satisfaction in that, if the man didn't see the pain he was inflicting on the young boy there was no purpose to him even doing it.

Yuto scrambled to his small bed feeling the coldness of his bedsheets, no sense of comfort only a different feeling of dread. He almost made it, almost.

"You think you can escape that easily!?" the angry voice returned, much louder.

He was in his room.

Yuto tried to act asleep but he was pretty sure his father could hear his speeding heart from the doorway.

He felt a rough hand grab his arm, his body forcefully being thrust out of his bed and onto the floor.

Yuto cried in pain rubbing his hip where it had just collided with the unpolished floor.

"you're just like your mother. Useless and disappointing." He snarled, his voice slurred and angry.

"father, please, just let me go to sleep." The young boy begged, his hands folded, his body bent in a deep bow, keel-towing at his father's feet. All he wanted was to sleep, to escape for seven measly hours before he was awoken by the tragedy of his life yet again.

His father scoffed before he swiftly kicked the small child a few feet away from him. Laughing as his son held his aching jaw, blood seeping out of the split in his lip.

"such a weak pathetic child." He spat.

"how can you be my flesh and blood...you disgust me." He grimaced before he spat on the young boy chuckling when Yuto cowered against the wall.

"you have anything to say to me Yuto?"

Yuto shook his head no, avoiding his father's piercing eyes.

He squeezed his eyes shut as he heard his father un-do his belt, the metal clank of his buckle a familiar sound to the poor boy.

He should have just stayed in the closet.