Chapter 2:Heated

This house was really astonishing. The only thing that kept bugging me was that there were a lot of doors and I really wanted to open each one to check what was behind it. I know to follow the red carpeting to the main room where the meeting is gonna be held but it was kinda a long walk. I know I'm supposed to behave myself and I'm not supposed to wander but I just have to just once to see what's behind at least one door. It's just too many, one door won't hurt.

I walked towards the doors and then suddenly I heard footsteps headed my way...

"No one wanders about my corridors...every other section of this house is off limits!" A stern male voice echoed off the walls.

I started to freak out I tried the first door that caught my eye and it didn't want to open. The footsteps slowly getting closer. I tried another door and it didn't open either. My anxiety levels were sky high, and the sound of the approaching footsteps in the hallway crept up my spine.

One of the doors opened and a young, tall, pale skinned man with wet curly hair hanging down the side of his head stepped out...he looked at me, stared at me up and down from my heal to my hair, and then met my eyes. An older man with a few guards walked turning the corner. This mystery man noticed my expression and immediately after he saw the guards he linked my arm into his.

"Walk calmly and don't look back, keep your arm linked in mine unless I say otherwise" he said.

This man has some nerve to tell me what to do. I mean I know he saved my ass back there but still. We got to the ball room and there was a girl walking over to us. "Just go with my flow and make it look normal" he said. I was wondering what he was talking ab-...

The next thing I felt was his tongue in my mouth. I have to admit he was a good kisser. Damn, what's your nam-...
The long heated kiss had my mind malfunctioning... suddenly I couldn't think anymore. He pulled away, ending the moment and left me weak in the knees. It's almost as if I couldn't stand anymore.

"Don't fall now, we still have more acting to do" he said giving a small chuckle. I really wanted to know his name. I was dying to know his name. Fact, I'd kill to know his name. Like...

"Baby what's ya name and ya number" I said biting my lip. Ohhh shit, I said it out loud. What did I just do. I confused my head and my mouth.

"Stop biting that lip, that's my job" he said sternly staring at my lips. I was honestly shocked, this guy was in for more than what seemed to be just acting. Oh he was good, bet he's a sweet talker to all the ladies. From what I could see his body was hypnotic. His muscles so big they stretched through his black shirt. His black suit pants weren't tight but also weren't loose around his legs... it's as if they were perfectly made for him.
And the suit jacket along with his bow tie brought the honey together. His cologne was powerful but it pulled me in closer to him. The scent was addictive. If I had to pick poison it'd be him, him all the way.

Music started playing in the background and he swung my body to face his. "You know how to dance?" He asked giving a small smirk. "Oh I do, the question is...can you keep up?" I said giving an evil smirk. I was getting awfully comfortable in this little game but I wasn't too worried, afterall games are supposed to be enjoyed right?

Tango music started to play and I brushed myself onto him. Making contact but not too much making him want just a little more. The tango is a very seductive dance because... firstly, it's close contact... second, it involves a lot of hand contact and thirdly it's just romantic. His lips trailed onto my neck as the song ended and I was left in awe at how smooth he was on his feet. He looked down at me and said..."my name is Chase Ge-..."

***Gunshots***

I heard ringing in my ears and my vision was blurry. I could barely see...next thing I saw was that I was being loaded into a car and then I was on the floor and I heard more gunshots and then... I was out cold.

I woke up remembering it, the...the smell. Why would I be here though...I opened my eyes and realised I was being carried. His cologne still fresh on my mind, he rested my body onto the kitchen counter. He held me steady, slowly realising that I was awake. "Don't move your neck" he said.

I just froze. He had a cloth in his hand and stuff in a bottle with no label, he dabbed it onto the cloth and he braced me. I looked at him confused as he approached me with the cloth. "What are you doing" I asked. His hand moved to my neck and I felt a painful kick in my neck. "AHHHHH" I let out a small scream holding onto the kitchen counter top. "I'm almost done, it's an antiseptic, it'll help with any infection or irritation in the hours to come" he said grabbing my chin firmly, holding my head up.

"You know Adrienne I was very amazed when my female assistant was changing your clothes...she notified me of your mark. It was stupid of you to come to the meeting even more so that you were shot, nicked the skin but still. It was dangerous." He said staring into my eyes, and I stared back into his brown eyes. We stood there for what seemed to be forever.

"Why would you care anyway" I said breaking the silence. "Your enemy is sitting in your kitchen, you can end her in 2 seconds...why don't you?" I said with a bit of a cheeky tone. He stopped tidying up and turned to me quickly, holding eye contact and moving close to me with his hands on either side of my body on the counter...hovering over me showing his dominance he said..."Watch that pretty mouth of yours" his hand wandering up from the counter to my chin. He grabbed it firmly and teased me, making me think he was gonna kiss me, then he let it go and walked away. Oh, he was realllllyyyy good.

Hope you guys are enjoying the book so far, there's a few turns up ahead so brace for the unexpected.