Chapter 29: The end?

Chase's POV:

When I got the call that Andy collapsed I immediately dropped everything. I know by now you don't believe me and that other guy has me conflicted, sometimes I think maybe he is the right person for you but believe me when I say I'm in love with you Adrienne. I don't ever think he can love you like I do and the most part of you know that's true.

"Hey uhh...your dad called, he said he wants you in the office" Mickey said walking back into the hospital café.

"Uh-...no tell him I'm not coming in. And I'm taking a few personal days" I reply sitting down at a café table.

"Yea, maybe you should tell him... because you're his son." Mickey says handing me the phone.

"No, you can do it" I reply pushing the phone back towards him.

"He's the boss of my boss, so I could get fired" he said placing the phone on the table infront of me.

"Okay fine, I'll text him" I say giving a famous eye roll.

***Text messages***

Chase: Hello father it's Chase... I'm not coming in. I'm taking a few personal days off.

Father: Excuse me. On what terms? You can't just go on holiday when you feel like it.

Chase: Father, I want to be here for Adrienne. You know her condition. I just want to make sure she's safe and healthy.

Father: You are going to lose your reputation son.

Chase: Father at this point I don't care. I care about her way more than my cheap reputation.

And with that being said I left the conversation. I gave Mickey his phone back and just tried to relax while drinking my coffee. That I didn't even realise the waiter brought to the table.

"You okay?" Mickey asked looking at me as if I had shit on my face.

"Yea, why?" I ask I asked trying to cool off my frustration.

"Well, you just blew your father off and work." He says hinting to the phone.

"Look I don't need you to tell where I need to be. I already have my father doing that." I said sitting up, attentively looking at him.

"No, no I'm not, believe me I get you... I'm just saying you're really weighing on this relationship with Adrienne." Mickey said in a warning tone.

"I'm willing to lose everything, I don't care about anything else right now. She is my priority, always has been. The only reason why I chose Jess, is because I don't mind hurting Jess I grieved over her and got used to her being gone... but Andy I tried driving out but fuck it I can't do this. No one is going to treat her the way I want to treat her, so I might aswell do it myself." I expressed as Mickey listened attentively.

"Why didn't you just tell her that from the beginning?" He asked irritated.

"Because-..."

"Because what?"

"Because I was scared. She has me wrapped around her fucking finger. I like to have control, not be controlled." I say aggressively standing up and walk back to Andy's hospital room upstairs.