Chapter 15:Accidents happen

Chase's POV:

I rose from the couch as I heard his footsteps near me. My mother was sitting on the couch opposite Adrienne. Adrienne was on the couch behind me.She sat there watching me.

"Hello my son" my father said putting down his coat on a chair and holding his arms out to embrace me. That minute I grabbed his head and hit it against the wall. I watched as Adrienne jumped up and reached out to me. In that moment, I swung my hand in anger and tore the layers of her healing skin. She whimpered loudly as she fell back.

I immediately stopped and turned to tend to her. But she flinched. She eased up holding the side of her body tightly. She walked out of the living room with my mother supporting her weight. I feel so guilty. I heard her wince loudly in pain as my mother helped her up the stairs into my room.

My father stood there wiping the blood from his head. I sat there looking at my hands. Thinking about it all. I don't think she's safe with me. I didn't want her to see me like this. I don't want her to see me...the real me but she keeps peaking through my blind spots.

My father sat across me sighing and now looking at me with a beer in his hand. I didn't even notice that he went and got it from the kitchen.

"So, do you want to tell me why you decided to greet me with a head smash to the wall?" My father asked sipping from the glass bottle.

"Adrienne and I were at the funeral and were quarrelling with Calista Rizzo... Andy's mother" I said sighing, still looking down.

"Who's funeral was this?" Father asked leaning in closer.

"Valdez Rizzo, the brother" I replied slightly irritated by his lack of knowledge.

"Alright. I still don't see a point" he said sipping from his glass again.

"You slept with her, you cheated on Ma" I said raising my voice slightly and making direct eye contact with him.

"Yes, I did sleep with her but that was before I married your mother. I was so fucking scared about the arranged marriage Chase. I went clubbing with a few friends and I met her one night. We were younger then. And we developed a mutual connection. She then got married and so did I. And that was it."

"Wow"

"What son?" My father asked putting his glass down on the table in the centre.

"I need to go and talk to Andy" I said rising from my chair realising that she was right and I still had an apology that I owed her.

I got up and walked out from the living room and up the stairs. My mother just turned the corner, walking out of my room. I walked in seeing Andy's clothes on my bed. I went to the bathroom to see her in my shirt, sitting on the basin counter top with a first aid kit and blood swabs in a bowl. She was sitting and holding the shirt up, revealing her wound, wincing as she cleaned the wound, she saw me and immediately dropped the shirt to cover her body. I walked in towards her feeling like the worst man alive.

"Heyy" she said sitting up straight giving a fake smile to hide her pain.

"Let me see" I said in a serious tone with a blank expression.

"Chase it's nothing, I'm fine" she said holding the shirt down as I reached to lift it.

"Let me see Adrienne" I said looking her dead in the eyes.

She turned to look away as I began to gently lift the shirt, revealing the scab that was once healed that is now burst open. I open the bandage from the first aid and stretch it out, preparing to wrap it around her.

"No, I can do it" she says reaching for the bandage.

"Adrienne, let me help you." I reply stepping closer to her body.

"Okay, hold my shoulders. And brace yourself, I'll try my best not to make it too bad."

"Okay" she says placing her hands on my shoulders.

I start to wrap the bandage tightly around her waist as she winces in pain and starts to put pressure on my shoulders. As I continue, her grip tightens and her winces turn to groans of pain. I finally finish wrapping and she exhales heavily still holding my shoulders tightly.

"Is that okay? I can loosen it if it's too tight" I ask.

"It's good thank you, it's tight but it feels perfect" she replies releasing my shoulders to feel the material of the bandage.

"Adrienne I'm really sorry. I had no intention of hurting you I don't ever want to hurt you again. I'm so sorry. And I love you." I say, cupping her face, holding her head firmly between my hands.

"It's okayy, I'm okay, I'm good" she says holding her hands to mine.

That moment just looking at her, she's so important, everyday I try not to grow into having her around but it's extremely difficult. She's this crazy, refreshingly unique person. Almost like Jess.

She moves closer, leaning into me...I carry her from the bathroom to the bed gently. I put her down as I fix the pillows and grab the sheets to cover her. Once I'm done, I rise and walk back to the bathroom.

"Aren't you gonna join me?" Andy says looking at me with her frustratingly adorable puppy eyes.

"Yea, I'll be there soon...I just wanna shower quick"

"Okay" she says grabbing the TV remote.

***20 minutes later***

We sat in bed watching some cute little romance called 'Purple hearts' on Netflix. It's predictable but it's good. I mean what is a romance without predictability...right?!

My parents haven't bothered us since we came upstairs. They were sleeping over but I figured my mother would've come to check on us, but I think she figured privacy was an order.

"Oh you were right" I said, my eyes still on the TV. Adrienne stopped to look at me confused. I looked back at her.

"About what?" She asked.

"My father didn't have an affair. He slept with Calista before either of them got married. And when he got married he cut off relations. I should've waited to hear his side. I wouldn't have hurt you if I just listened." I said turning back to the TV.

"

Chase, don't do that..." She said moving infront of me, covering the TV.

"I was enjoying that" I retorted moodily

"I don't care we're going to sit here and talk" she said sitting upright.

I grabbed the remote and turned off the TV.

We both layed next to each other. Both our bodies bare skin. Me in boxers and her in that shirt of mine

"Do you ever think of Jess?" I heard her ask. Suddenly I felt my temperature rise as I tensed up.

"Why would you ask such a fucking stupid question?" I asked, not realising the anger in my tone

"Nevermind" she said crawling of the bed and walking out.

I felt a wave of guilt and anger all at once. I sat up watching her walk out. She closed the door behind her and I felt like nails were clawing at me from the inside out. Jess existed at the back of my mind and everytime I think she's gone, a memory of her comes back haunting me when I look at Adrienne.

***Windows break***

"Adrienne!"

I rush out of the room and down to the kitchen. To see my mother and father hovering over the glass and to see Adrienne gone.

"Adrienne!" I yell again. But there was no answer she's gone.

~hello my Dragons, hope we're all well... what an ending hehe, let's see what happens next. Don't forget to vote and give feedback. Love you all~❤️