Chapter 28: How are you?

Adrienne's POV:

My eyes flutter open as the sound of a heart rate monitor gets louder. I look around the room slowly to see I'm in a hospital bed in a big, fancy looking room. There was flowers and balloons all over my bedside and an extra table full of gifts and boxes against the wall.

How long was I out for? And where is Gabe? I move up slowly and see blurs of someone rushing in.

"She's awake" I hear as my vision clears again. There were suddenly a lot of hands touching and supporting my body.

"Andy slow down" I heard a stern but gentle voice say. It was too familiar to forget, but why is he here. I groan as I try moving but my body seems so much heavier than before.

I open my eyes to see 2 faces...one I'm glad to see and one not so much. It was Mickey and ughhh...

Chase.

I looked down to see that my baby bump was much bigger, like much, much bigger now. Yeaa I guess everyone knows now. That I'm carrying a baby. No wait but how long was I out for if the baby is this big. The two of them still looking at me, my eyes wander as I try avoiding eye contact. I have so many questions, but it feels so weird to ask.

"What happened?" I finally ask and thankfully Mickey opens his mouth to answer.

"Well, you were at home, you passed out and 4 months later here you are." DID HE JUST SAY 4 MONTHS???

"WHAT THE FUCK!" I say thinking out very loud.

"Relax, okay it's not that bad... you're at least healthy" Chase said slightly enraged.

"Excuse me, since when do you care?" I ask snapping back.

"I may-..." Chase starts.

"Heyy! There she is" Gabriel says walking in with roses and balloons and a gift. I was so happy to see him. I almost thought he forgot about me.

He pushed past both Chase and Mickey and to be honest he did it quite arrogantly.

"Can you all leave so I can talk to Adrienna" Gabe said irritated.

"It's Adrienne" Chase said challenging Gabe.

Mickey looked at me asking me through his eyes if they should leave.
I nodded my head in response. I watched as Mickey neatened the chairs and pillows while pushing Chase and slowly shuffling out.

After they stepped out and the door was closed Gabe opened his mouth to speak.

"How are you?" He asked looking deeply into my eyes.

"I'm good, I'm pregnant, collapsed and woke up four months later from a coma, but yea... you know the usual" I say slightly irritated.

"I wanted to ask about that actually..." Gabe said lifting my hand gently.

"Andy I want to know who's baby is it and how far along are you. The doctor won't tell anyone without your consent, he's also waiting to conduct tests on who the father is. Did you even know about the baby before this happened?" He asked and all the questions had my mind in a spiral.

"Look, Gabe... I found out a few weeks before my collapse and I don't know anything else yet." I answered trying to think of what more to say. All I know is that I'm with Gabe. And that he loves me.

The door opens slowly and both of us turn to the door.

"Uhh...sorry but the doctor wants to see you and also your dad's here" Mickey said opening the door.

"Okay 2 more minutes" I say and he closes the door again. When I look at Gabe I see he has a box in his hands...

"I want you to have this... it's a family heirloom...my mama's been waiting to give it to one of her sons..." I opened the box to find a beautiful diamond pendant necklace with a matching ring.

"She says you're special and she can't wait for you to join us for dinner sometime. I texted her telling her you were awake before I came in." He said chuckling to himself.

The door opened and the docter came barging in, she had glistening brown skin, dark brown/black curly hair and a nice curvy figure she looked like she was in her early 30s.

"Sorry but I have to make sure that Ms Andy is healthy." The doctor said checking the monitor. Her name tag read 'Dr. Anele Nadimi' .

"How are you feeling Adrienne?" The doctor asked checking my eyes while writing on a clipboard.

"I'm good I think" I say chuckling softly.

"No pain or discomfort? How does the baby feel?" She asked putting surgical gloves on and feeling the side of my body.

"No pain or discomfort...Uhm the baby feels good. A little heavy but otherwise good" I answer trying to sit up.

"Okay that's good. I'm going to issue an MRI, brain scan and then a sonogram just to check on you and the baby aswell...to make sure you're both doing well. Okay?" The doctor asked removing her surgical gloves.

"Yeaa sure" I replied realising that I didn't even have a choice. So the question was pointless.

She walked out of my room without another word. My father rushed in after her. He started inspecting me like crazy.

"Hi Dad" I say smiling at him.

"Heyy, how are you feeling?" He asked kissing my forehead.

"I'm good Dad...I promise" I say holding his hand.

Jess walks in with café coffee in a disposable cup and hands it to my father. I look at her and she looks at me and we both look at my father.

"Okay, why are you two staring at me?" He asked placing down his coffee mug on my bedside table.

"You have explaining to do" I say remembering back to 4 months ago. It's crazy thinking about how that was four months ago but anyway...

"Yes, yes you want to know how you two are sisters?" He says brushing the topic off lightly.

"Well Jess is slightly older and she is my first born. Jess, you were the product of my arranged marriage. And well, I was also tied to another woman that I loved long before then... Adrienne's mother. Andy your mother and I did everything together and when your mother found out about me marrying Jess's mother it just broke her. She cut all ties with me and couldn't understand I was forced.

About 2 years into the marriage I slept with Adrienne's mother because I just couldn't anymore. I divorced your mother Jess but I still kept you, and Adrienne you were just about to be conceived into this world. Your mother and I fought a lot and the business was getting more and more unsafe each day. To protect you, your mother left me Adrienne... and gave you to a family she thought looked suitable enough to pass as blood.

I looked for you for so many years. And I thought having connections in the mafia would make it easy but your mother was so intelligent. And she loved you so much." He said squeezing both mine and Jess's hands.
By the end of that talk we were both in full tears. More me because of the baby hormones, you tend to get more emotional.

Jess got up from her chair and marched out without saying anything. I looked at my father and then looked away, I can't look at him right now because I don't exactly know how to feel.

~Hey readers!!! So everyone now knows that Andy is prego. Jess and Andy are half sisters. There's tension between Chase and Gabe and the question "how are you" is starting to make Andy itch.
Stay tuned...

Lots of love Pythons❤️

-cassidy136d~