Chapter 5:Home

Adrienne's POV:

I finally got out of the car realising I reached home. I knew what was coming...the way my father looked at me as he opened the door. He dragged me in by my hair. "You don't listen Adrienne, I warned you... you've been gone for the entire night. And what the fuck are you wearing, sleeping at other houses." My father said pulling my hair making me wimp.

"Don't make me laugh Antonio, she's the last thing a man would want, she's worthless, pathetic, and a mistake. Should've discarded her the second she was born." My mother's words scared deeply at my soul."You will stay down here you fucking rat" my father's words impaled me.

He picked me up and threw me down the stairs of the basement sending me tumbling down. The stench of death reaped among the walls of the room. I started to speak to God..."Lord I know you have plans and a purpose for me but I don't see it right now, I'm sitting here numb and empty and the only way out of my family is through death or murder"

I sat there thinking for a while.

Chase's POV:

I messaged Adrienne letting her know that I'd be home soon. I wonder if she realised that I loaded my number onto her phone. As I walked out I heard a familiar voice. "Chase" my father called to me. "Ahh father" I responded turning to give him a hug. "Son, we need to talk" my father said sternly. "Can we speak later?...come over for dinner I'd like to introduce you to someone aswell, and bring mother along with you." I said.

"Alright then" my father responded nodding his head and walking back in to the office building. I checked the time and it was now 12:15, I headed for the car, I was going to introduce Adrienne to my parents tonight. It's nothing serious, but because she's living with me, it's protocol...they usually run the records and gather information for me about the people before they come into my house.

I arrived home. I opened the door and smelled something burning. "What the hell" I walked to the kitchen coughing. I opened the sliding door. "Josh what the fuck are you doing?" I asked angrily. "Well Andy was making pancakes and then she left...so I had to take over, although I must admit I'm terrible at it" Josh said looking at the pan. "Where the fuck did she go...did she say anything?" I asked frustrated. "No, but she left everything... Including her phone." Josh said pushing her phone towards me. "Fuck!" I yelled out of rage.

"Well what happened before she left?" I asked staring dead straight at Josh. "Well we were talking and then she took out the ingredients and started making the pancakes and then she got a phone call...she just dropped her phone and ran out, she caught a taxi and left....oh, and she told me to tell you that she was sorry." Josh then turned the stove off.

"So that's it?" I asked. "Yea" Josh said grabbing a soda can from the fridge. "So I open my home to a girl and she leaves." I said hitting my fist against the kitchen counter. "Well in her defence... I don't think she intentionally left and you know that, she left in fear" Josh said opening the soda. "So..." I said holding my head not understanding the relevance of his statement. "You're fucking stupid sometimes you know that, check her call log. See who called her last. It might give a hint as to where she went." Josh said drinking. I looked up at him with a smirk. "You're a fucking genius" I said ruffling his hair.

I picked up Andy's phone and unlocked it with my fingerprint. "You added your fingerprint as a password?" Josh looked at me almost choking on his soda. "What?!" I said looking at him confused. "You guys don't even have a relationship status, you only just met her last night." Josh said looking at me concerned. "It's my way of checking up on her" I said slightly raising my voice. Andy was important to me...even if she didn't know yet... Josh is the only person who knows about Andy. I wanna keep it that way, I don't wanna ruin my reputation as 'the demon' you can't possibly show weakness, especially not in the mafia.

"Her father was the last one to call her. She probably went back home... I'm gonna dial in using her number. "Hello?" A stern voice answered. "Antonio Rizzo... I require but one thing of your possession, Adrienne Rizzo. I will be outside your house in 10 minutes... have her waiting in the driveway untouched, however should you disobey me...I will take you to hell and show you why I rule the place." I threatened him with no emotion in my voice and hung up.

"We're going to fetch Adrienne." I told Josh pulling him to his feet. We got into the car and Josh sat in the passenger seat, loading his gun.

Adrienne's POV:

I sat there waiting to die. "Adrienne your boyfriend just called... he's coming to pick you up." He said mischievously. "Let me go" I pleaded. "Not yet, I will let you go once you agree to my plan. You will get Chase Gentile to fall for you somehow and then in the heated moment, you will take a dagger and plunge it through his heart." He said staring me dead in the eyes. Something dropped inside me at his words. I can't, I refuse "Never" I said spitting in his face.

He opened the door and grabbed me by my hair. He took a blade and slid it against the side of my waist. "I dare you to do it again" he said watching the blood drip from the wound. I whimpered. That was it, that was the last straw, fuck this man. I took his arm and twisted it. I Took the blade from his hand and made him look at it.

Placing my hands on his neck I started to choke him, but he punched me in the stomach making me fall back. I lie on the floor in pain. The wound was bleeding immensely and I tried to keep pressure on it but I could see my father walking towards me. Every blink felt heavy on my eyes. I really just wanted to sleep. At that moment I felt a kick in my stomach and then a fist to my face. I was in and out of consciousness. Then I heard a loud voice in the background. I could tell it was Chase.

His cologne once again enchanted me. He sat with me in the back seat and Josh drove. Chase ran his fingers through my hair and looked at me with worrisome eyes. I tried to speak but the pain kicked in harder this time, making me groan and move in discomfort. "Shhh... don't move" I heard Chase say softly.

I'm in a lot of pain and I'm probably going to blackout any second but it feels good to be in his arms... never thought home could be a person but here we are.

Hey guys I know I haven't updated I had a crazy week but yea, I'm back now.