Chapter 23: News, wine and Renésme

Adrienne's POV:

"Good morning dad" I said kissing my father on the cheek.

"Buongiorno mia piccola rosa" my father said with a smile, turning the page of the book he was reading.

My father sat with the tattoo on his hand exposed, he has quite a few tattoos and was according to him "quite the catch" back in his day.

"Where's Gabriel?" My father asked faintly.

"Oh, he had to leave early this morning for work. He'll be back later to sort a few things out for the meeting tomorrow evening." I answered not seeming too worried.

"So he's going with you?" My father asked raising his eyebrow.

"Yess Dad. He has to, because we've become allies." I replied rolling my eyes.

"Well, he doesn't HAVE to. I think it's just because you had quite a heated night-..." My father said turning the page slowly as he eyed me from across the kitchen.

"DAD!" I raised my voice, interrupting him.

If it's one thing my father was good at, it was pushing buttons. Actually no, it was all men... they all take up the hobby, it's like it's built-in. Anyways I'm thinking of wearing one of the dresses in my closet it just seems wasteful spending money when I have dresses I can re-wear.

Gabe woke up this morning in a rush. He seemed pretty normal and not like he'd just had the best night of his life. Maybe I'm just overthinking but to me it felt like I was just another woman to him. I'm not getting the special, tingling feeling I thought I would. Before I left the room, I prayed about it, I'm just hoping I get clarity because I am honestly mixed again.

After grabbing some coffee I figured I'd have a relaxing day today. I have no meetings, no work thankfully coz I finished it for now and no paperwork... paperwork just drives me crazy. Life of the working I guess.

I'm scrolling through Netflix and I'm looking for something to watch but I honestly have no idea. Oh, wait. I know exactly what I wanna watch... TWILIGHT! DON'T JUDGE ME.

Twilight is just a whole new level, okay? I keep asking myself "Jacob or Edward" but I eventually just created my own character by mixing the two. Soo it's Edward with Jacob's personality. But both of them are hot...okay turns out I haven't met a conclusion but it's fine. I just watch them over and over and over again, because I realised I don't have to choose.

***

6 hours later*

Okay I'm all for Bella becoming a vampire...but Jacob could also make her so happy. Jacob has that warmth to him, but Edward has the love, the real love. He cares enough to give Bella space and then he almost dies because he thinks she's dead. The feud between Edward and Jacob is just crazy.

Oh shit! Bella's dying... she's dead?! She just birthed Edwards child. That syringe is huge, why so much and why did it look like he stabbed her with it... that was so violent. And here I thought it was a happy ending. So she's really dead now?! No, there's one more. What happens to the child. let me stop questioning and just watch the next one. Okay last one of the series. Breaking Dawn part II.

Wait what's the time? I got up from the couch and man was I sitting quite long. I stretched like I had just woken up from hibernation. Wow, it's already 3pm. I feel uncomfortable now, I could go and shower and make popcorn and get a few other things and then I can watch the last one.

Yea, I'm gonna do that. I walk up the stairs to go and shower. I heard the front door open and slam close. It must be Gabe.

"Adrienne! mia rosa... I'm leaving" my father called to me from downstairs.
With my other father, Uhm... Antonio, I was always so excited when he left because it meant I had a few days to easy out slightly and my bruises had time to heal but this time it's different because now I actually have a dad. One that deserves the title...I think.

"Bye dad, I'm going to miss you...be safe and text and call me." I say holding my father tightly.

"I will my angel, I promise... don't burn the place down while I'm gone." My father says smiling and walking out to the car. I stand and wave as I watch him disappear behind the tinted glass of the car window.

I walk back inside and close the door behind me. Everyday I think of how there's so much going on and I have not a single person to talk to... it's really hard, because I'm bottling all these emotions up and I just can't with all this. I need a glass of wine to go with that popcorn.

I grab some wine, popcorn, Snickers bars and a blanket. I start the movie and then hear this annoying car hooter in my driveway. Like, I'm trying to watch my fucking movie in peace. Mickey opens the door violently, walking fast paced towards me.

"You need to come with me." Mickey said slightly agitated.

"What, why? I'm watching a movie" I said carefree and confused.

"Look I don't care okay, Chase was involved in an accident" he said in a sigh, rubbing the back of his neck nervously

"Oh, shit...is he-..." I immediately jumped from the sofa.

"I don't know. I think he's okay. We're all waiting for him at the house...I came to pick you up" Mickey said pulling me by my wrist.

"Wait, wait...I don't feel okay." I ripped my hand from his grip and immediately ran to the bathroom.

I felt so nauseous. I'm not usually sick, so I have no idea what this is. My mouth was left with the taste of puke.

"Shit, you do know what that means right?"
Mickey stood there asking in an attitude.

I looked back up at Mickey knowing that we were both thinking the exact same thing.

~hello to my wonderful readers!!! Thank you so much for reading, I really appreciate each and every one of you. I know it took long but I made it. Don't forget to vote, follow and comment if you haven't already. And send a message I'd love to know your thoughts and opinions...Love and support to those in Turkey right now.

Love you all❤️

-cassidy136d~