Chapter 13:Common ground

Adrienne's POV:

We sat there for an hour just talking.
Mickey had this comedic personality but was also genuine and deep. Guess I have a best friend.

"Hey, you gonna have some whiskey and beer? Or are you a wine and Chery type girl?" Mickey asked teasingly.

"I'm down for anything, I've had it all"

"Well okay then" Mickey said walking over with a bottle of Wine and one wine glass.

"Chase is taking long don't you think?"
I said as I watched Mickey pour wine for me.

"Are you bored of me already?"
Mickey chuckled.

"I could never be, but I'm just worried that's all." I said starting to feel a little worried.

"Ok then, get your glass let's roam around. Let me give you a little your."
Mickey said walking towards the door.

I stood up, grabbed my glass and followed.

"Before we leave, I have rules. Don't wander off and stick close to me...got it?"

"Yes" I replied.

We walked along the halls that were built with concrete but neatly painted and tiled. Black, white and grey was the theme, I think. It's quite plain but then again it is the base. There was at least still some colour in the other room.

"Okay so this is where we train our rookies. The one's that think they're hot shots" Mickey said looking irritated.

We continued walking and passed a few doors. They seemed like they were offices.

"Can we practice in the training room?" I asked feeling the desire for combat.

"Uhm sure, let me get you training clothes, I don't want you using those disgusting uniforms" Mickey said.

"No wait, let's test them" I said with mischievous look.

I changed into the uniforms and walked in with Mickey. I walked over to the shooting range...I loaded the gun and shot every moving target right in the head.

"Ah that was awesome" I said looking at Mickey.

"Nice" Mickey said while sipping on his whiskey.

"Wow, the rich bitch hit a target" a boy said sarcastically whilst hitting a punching bag infront of him. He was maybe 16.

"Says the girl who's wearing wraps because she doesn't want to get her hands dirty" I snapped back.

"Please, a slut like you doesn't belong here. You must be putting out a lot of that ass to be here" the boy said brushing against my ass.

"Your mother's a bitch for not teaching you to respect women" I said walking away towards the sparing mat.

Within a minute I felt a kick in my back and my face hit the floor.

"Oh twice disrespected guess she was a slut too" I said jumping up.

I punched him in the face and tugged around his neck. He was struggling to breathe and started gasping for air.

"Enough" I said letting him go.

He still came at me but grabbed a staff. I kicked it out of his hand and over to my side. He jumped onto my back grabbing my neck. I swung out from under his arm and twisted it tightly holding my grip. I tightened as he groaned in pain. Just then Chase walked in and was staring at us. I let go and pushed him away, then I knocked him off his feet by his ankles making a loud thud sound across the room, I picked up the staff ceasing it toward his throat.