Chapter 14:Goodbye

Chase's POV:

So it's been a 2 days since I told Adrienne I loved her. She's not exactly doing too well recently, considering today is Valdez's funeral.
Shit, I'm hoping to leave work early today...just so I can be there to support her.

"Hey, I think we've got everything covered here. You can head out" Mickey said walking into my office.

"Okay, thanks Mike...it means a lot"
I replied getting my jacket and walking out.

I got into my car and just drove...there was a sensation of leaving work and driving home to Andy. She's like this golden combination of sexy fierce and loyal, honest and supportive. She's skilled in combat...God that day just watching her techniques gave me shivers...like I get to claim her, she's mine.

Just then I pulled up to the house, I saw Andy walk outside the door. In her black laced dress and strap heel shoes. This afternoon was going to be painful for her. I got out of the car and walked around to open the car door for her. She was so quiet and was looking down most of the time.

"Do you wanna listen to some music?" I asked trying to break the deafening silence.

"No" she said in a low tone.

We drove for about an hour in silence. Then we finally got to the cemetery, she didn't want to go to the ceremony so we skipped it. She got out and I followed her. All the faces just stared at her in disgust. She just continued looking down.

"We are gathered here, friends and family to lay to rest a most beloved soul. Valdez Enriké Antonio Rizzo was not only a son and a brother but was a friend and loyal partner. He had a great impact on the lives of many people here. We will dearly miss him and remember him by the legacy he left behind." The priest spoke.

The coffin was lowered and the sirens of people crying followed. Many people left one by one, many of them giving Adrienne shameful looks. Soon it was just Andy, her mother and I.

"You disgust me. I can't believe I had a slut like you as my daughter. Well I'm finally glad to be rid of you. The estate and mafia is yours...I don't give a fuck about you or what you do. Delusione! (Disappointment)" her mother said looking her dead in the eyes.

The anger inside me made me burn from the inside out. I wanted to cut her tongue off...I watched as Adrienne sunk she slowly fell to the ground sobbing. She didn't even wipe her tears away, she watched as they fell onto the sand. I kneeled next to her trying to comfort her. The moment she felt my hand on her shoulder, she rose and wrapped her arms around me. Normally I'd feel very uncomfortable when people cry but this time I didn't. This time I held her tightly and supported her weight on me.

I felt so angry...I got up and I walked after the bitch.

"Stop, turn around and face me bitch"
I barked looking at her with daggers in my eyes.

"Ahhh Mr. Gentile" she sighed turning around with a smirk on her face.

"You disrespected my wife"

"You're not married Mr Gentile...stop living in your fucking fairytale"

I grabbed her around her neck. "She's my wife if I say she's my wife...do you fucking understand.

Her guards wielded guns pointing at me.

"Shoot him and you'll all be burned alive" Adrienne said standing behind me...feeling somewhat better.

Their guns still held but non of them pulling a trigger.

"Apologise" I said grinding my teeth together.

I heard as she tried gasping for air...she turned red and then slowly purple.

"I-... I'm s-...so-..."
I dropped her to the ground.

"I'm sorry" she said gasping and coughing as she returned to her pale self.

"You're a bitch and a pathetic excuse for a mother" I said spitting on the floor near her.

As I walked I heard her mumble words.

"What about your father?" She said standing up.

"What did you say?" I said slowly raising my voice and walking fast paced towards her.

"Your father was delicious...he was rather blessed" she said getting into her car.

"What does that mean?"

"It means I had his d*ck for breakfast, lunch and supper." She said emphasizing on every word.

"What the fuck?" I yelled smashing the back window as she drove off.

I grabbed Adrienne by her wrist and pulled her towards the car. I was so angry and confused. Everything I was taught about my father was now so questionable. We drove in silence and then I realised Adrienne lightly massaging her wrist and trying not to wince. I looked at her wrist to see bruises forming.

"Oh my god, Adrienne did I do that?"
I asked knowing the obvious answer.

"It's fine" she said hiding her hand.

"Let me see" I said.

"No, it's fine" she replied not even turning to face me.

"Adrienne Casolina Montoyo Rizzo Gentile, show me" I said in a stern serious tone.

She looked at me immediately, giving me her wrist and watching my hand wander onto hers. I took her hand gently and placed kisses on her bruises. She looked at me as I focused on the road, I placed her hand on the gearshift and placed mine on top.

I was still angry but I realised that I can't just act out on my emotions anymore especially because I have Adrienne now. I don't ever want to hurt her because she's the best person in my life.

We pulled up to the house, and Mickey's car was there. I was glad because I really don't want to lose control. I got out of the car and opened the door for Adrienne before intertwining our hands together and walking inside.

I opened the door and let Adrienne in first. She hung her coat up and walked upstairs.

"I'm gonna take a shower quickly, okay" she said stopping and turning around to face me as she spoke.

"Okay" I said nodding at her and walking to the kitchen.

Mickey was sitting in the lounge watching TV with a beer in his hand.

"Hey, how'd it go?" He asked lowering the volume on the TV.

"Yea, it went well considering I found out that my father was cheating on my mother" I said leaning into my lounge chair.

"Oh, shit what the fuck?"

"I'm gonna fuck him up"

"You don't know his side of the story"

"I was taught to respect women, so fuck his explanation" I said sighing aggressively.

Adrienne walked in with a tights and my shirt on. She came and sat on my lap.

"I thought you were gonna go and shower" I said whispering to her.

"We can shower together later...by the looks of it you need a distraction" she said softly running her hands through my hair.

***Door opens***

"Where's my lucky son?" My mother said walking in towards Adrienne and I.

Then I saw him. The lying fucker. I swear I'm gonna kill him. My blood was boiling and my hands formed fists. Then I felt Adrienne's hand over mine.

~Hey guys. Thank you so much for reading. Please vote and comment as you read along. I'd love to know what you're thinking~❤️