Chapter 22:The shadow of love

Chase's POV:

"What the fuck is this?"

"It's nothing baby don't worry" Jess said trying to seduce me.

"DON'T!" I roared aggressively moving her hand from my body and walking into the hallway dividing the stairs and my office.

"Baby, come on. It's just work papers" she said a little agitated that I wasn't falling for her tricks.

"Why do you have photographs of And-... Adrienne?" I asked still furious.

"It was for WORK!" She said raising her voice.

"Tell me, WHAT KIND OF FUCKING WORK IS THIS?" I raged throwing the papers to the floor.

"FINE!" She said grabbing my arm roughly and pulling me into my office.

"I was helping my father. I have photographs of her because I was hired to find her, it's "so important" that he finds her. I'm not sure why but the deal my father had with me was that if I found her and brought her to him then I'd come back to you. So the night of the Dragons meeting I fired a gunshot and grabbed Adrienne. But you being the good hearted person you are...saved someone you didn't know. And then you took her in and nurtured her, I had to wait for the right time. I should have told you but now we can be together." She said trying to touch me.

I immediately stepped away, opened the door and left without a word. I got into my car and just drove. I love Jess but since Andy's been gone. I feel so empty and angry. Jess after the night we reunited explained that she'd bled out and baby Luke died. Her father had brought her back that night and they luckily got the medical attention needed and just in time.

I kinda wish it was Andy instead of Jess. Thinking back to the first night Andy and I met she was this gorgeous, fearful woman who looked completely out of place. My father was approaching and I knew she was gonna get into trouble. I don't normally help people but I just felt an urge to help her and I'm glad I did because now I think I'm in love...

Now with Jess, I feel like I've grieved... and don't get me wrong on this but she's not supposed to be alive and with me. It really isn't the same, not having that stubborn, little, annoying, beautiful, short tempered, needy but independent, inquisitive, moody, cute, smart mouth Andy, my Andy.

She just gets it right to play around with all her qualities and make me want to just grab her and kiss those soft lips. I can't be with Jess, it was good while it lasted but if I'm being honest I miss my girl. The girl I will happily fall in love with many times over even if she does break my heart. It would have all been worth it.

I turned the car around and drove back up to the house. Jess was waiting on the front porch looking furious. I got out of the car and saw Mickey's car was there too.

"You can't just drive off after every argument we have!" she said angrily.

"Lucky for you, we won't have another argument" I said not even looking at her, tiredly walking past her and into the house.

"What are you talking about?" She asked roughly touching my face, trying to make me look at her.

"Jess, I don't want to be with you anymore" I finally worked up the courage to say.
"For the past few weeks I've been trying so hard to say but I couldn't get the words out" I said admittedly.

"But we are in love" she said trying not to cry.

"We were in love, and that's just it. Being in love with someone and loving someone is two different things" I said placing my hand on her shoulder gently.

"It's Adrienne isn't it?" She asked looking down.

"Jess-..." I tried reasoning.

"No... I saw the way you looked at her, that night when she came here. I get it. You love her, you're not just in love with her, you love her. It's rare... but don't crawl back to me when she breaks you because I'm not going to pick up the pieces for you to try and glue you back together." Jess said, with tears streaming down her face.

"Ask Taj to drop you off wherever you need, and... I'm really sorry" I said watching her as she opened the door and left.

I watched as the door closed behind her and sighed heavily walking to the kitchen. I know...since when does Chase call the guards by their first names. Since Andy's been gone... I've grown to build at least a 'first name basis' bond with them.

I opened the fridge door and grabbed some vodka. I need just a tiny bit to relieve my system of all this stress.

"Damn, that was hectic" Mickey said chuckling as he sipped on his beer walking out of the living room.

"Yea, I guess" I said walking away and into the living room.

"Couldn't be worse than my day" he said walking in after me, sitting on the single sofa across from me.

"What do you mean?" I asked turning my attention to some rom-com that was playing.

Yes, yes...I know 'since when does Chase watch rom-coms' well since now okayy. Maybe I enjoyed the one I watched with Andy.

"Well, I met Andy at a café today" Mickey said immediately catching my attention.

"And..." I asked fully captivated by the conversation.

"She looks well, she's healthy,...aaaand she's now controlling both her mafia aswell as the Castello's." He said rambling through his sentence.

"Wait, what?" I asked trying to think.

"Yea, and there's this new guy by the name of Gabriel Serano" Mickey said  rolling his eyes as he mocked the name.

"Gabriel Serano...that name sounds familiar" I said muttering under my breath.

"I'll get my Andy back." I said in a determined tone.

"Yea maybe at the meeting gala" Mickey said breaking my chain of thought.

"Yea, but this new guy is going to be a problem."

I need to tell you that I love you because, Andy...the shadow of your love lurks in my mind.

~greetings my fellow readers!!!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter... I thought it was 'about damn time' we have a Chase chapter. Lol ...queue Lizzo😂
Anyways it's the first time chase was so open and vulnerable about his feelings even if it was mostly through his thoughts. Hope you keep reading. Vote, comment and follow for more if you haven't already❤️

Lots of love
-cassidy136d~