Chapter 27

Alana

Halloween. A favorite holiday of the population, but useless - it never became a day off. And I have to stand in front of the mirror after a hard day at university and look at my outfit. My appearance was a little shabby, but perfectly matched the look I was going for.

When I moved to Boston, I didn't count on attending so many parties. Yes, what a twist. I didn't want any fun at all, but only routine work and ordinary, run-of-the-mill days. But has anyone ever asked what I want? Norton sucked at me like a leech, and Jess and Alex were his faithful assistants. Did they really think I would die of boredom without parties in my life? I would argue. These parties were very distracting, so I would go for the last time and not let my boyfriend control me anymore.

My boyfriend... It sounds so unusual. After his confession and a couple of days of persuasion, I finally agreed to start a relationship with him. At least to see what happens, because for me this was a very serious step, and for Mike, this was his first time...

His behavior had not changed: all the same jokes and japes, but with him I felt loved and desired. There were kisses... There were a lot of kisses and caresses, but he never crossed the line, as if he understood me, felt my fear on his own skin.

Eventually, I would have to cross that barrier too. I knew Mike could be trusted. He never confirmed it with words, only with his actions, and one day after a long conversation with Jessica, I made up my mind...

***

"Cool movie! I haven't laughed like that in a long time!" Alex could not get over the comedy which our whole group went to go see.

"Where to next?" Norton looked at everyone present and, catching a questioning note in their eyes, continued: "I hope you won't spend your entire evening at the dorm?"

"That's right, because tomorrow normal students will go to class," Farrell said with a stony face.

"Nerds... I'll give you a broom with a dustpan for Christmas, so that you sweep the sand grain by grain." Norton looked at me hopefully. "I hope you don't need to go home right now?"

"I have to." I sighed, and all of a sudden, I was speechless, looking at Jess with hesitation. The girl smiled sweetly and nodded slightly. The gesture was so fleeting and elusive that no one but me noticed it.

"Okay," Mike said. He rolled his eyes and turned to the car. "Buy me a tub of ice-cream, and I'll go cry over some tearjerker movie," he told his friends.

"I'd rather put some heart drops on your nightstand,Milton rejoiced. "Otherwise, you won't let anyone get any sleep tonight."

She specifically focused on it, but she didn't look at me so openly. She laughed fervently and came closer to hug me goodbye.

"I bet your ears are red right now," the blonde whispered and left a light kiss in the air.

"You little bitch,I replied playfully, "I'm going to strangle you..."

"Are you going back to campus?" I heard Alex's saving voice, addressing his friend.

"I don't spend my nights on the street!" Mike spread his hands to the sides and then looked at me reproachfully. "Someone will not deign to move into my apartment."

And then I rolled my eyes.

After saying goodbye to his friends, Norton drove me to Amanda's apartment. I was restless all the way: I swore off my decision a hundred times and immediately scolded myself for cowardice... What if I fall into a stupor or panic at the most inopportune moment? God forbid, I won't be able to restrain my emotions, and then I'll burn with shame, not knowing what to say, or how to explain...