Chapter 31

Author

The young man was dragged into the room and laid on the bed. He was so drunk that he couldn't even move, but he had the strength to mutter curses under his breath.

"Thanks, guys, I'll manage on my own," Alex said to the guys and turned to his friend. "Where the hell have you been? Have you looked in the mirror? Although, who am I asking?" He grinned and sat down in front of the guy. "Can you even speak clearly?"

"Damn it! I trusted that bitch!"

"Very informative. Who are we talking about?" Farrell rubbed the bridge of his nose in anticipation of a very interesting conversation.

"Alana... Creature... How bad am I? Damn it!"

"Come on, stop talking in riddles. Tell me what happened! Did you find her?"

"To hell with her! Why should I bother sorting things out with her? Those photos are more eloquent than all her false explanations..."

"Mike, do you have a fever? What the hell happened?" Alex couldn't take it anymore and tapped his drunk friend on the head.

"She cheated on me! Bitch! Fucked with someone else while we, like idiots, were looking for this whore! I loved her, and she spat on my soul!" Norton abruptly got out of bed, but a wave of vertigo pinned him to the spot. "Loved... I still love..." Hitting his head against the wall, he let out a long moan.

At that moment, Jessica entered the room. Her heart sank at the sight of her friend. He appeared devastated and broken at the same time, but she refused to believe in his words. She believed Wood was involved in this case, but she was afraid to share her thoughts, even though the situation had already reached a critical point. She had to find hard evidence, so as not to throw empty accusations around.

"Mike, you should've talked to Alana! She couldn't do that to you. Damn it, she loves you!" Milton came to her friend's defense. She was torn apart by resentment for the girl, because a lot of dirt was thrown at her in life.

"Yes? And why didn't I hear it from her?" Norton looked at the blonde with glazed eyes. "Not once!"

"I don't think Alana's story is that simple. She's been acting strangely lately," Alex remarked. "Or rather, after Miranda's brother appeared on the scene."

"I don't give a rat's ass about Wood... I love her too much," Mike croaked in a half-whisper, but then his voice became louder and sharper. "And I'm ready to step on my feelings to make Moore happy, even if it means her being with that scum! If her old feelings for this freak have resurfaced, then so be it! Now get out. Both of you! I don't want to hear anything about it."

"If you are such a weakling that you can't even fight for your happiness, then we will do it for you. Alex, let's go to Alana." Jessica said goodbye and wanted to leave the room, but Alex's appeal that they should not leave Mike in this state stopped her on the threshold.

"We don't know where she is. Mike, what are these photos and who gave them to you?" Farrell turned to the brunette, who was staring at nothing.

"I found them on the doorstep of the apartment when I went there for the hundredth time, hoping to find her at home..."

"Then I'll wait for Alana there... Apparently, she is much dearer to me..." Catching Norton's bleary gaze, Jessica walked out the door.

***

Milton stood at the door to her friend's apartment, but no one answered. Alana's phone did not ring, instead constantly switching to voicemail. Annoyed, she slid down the wall to the floor, promising herself she would wait until Alana appeared. Suddenly, she heard the sound of breaking glass inside.