Chapter 28

Boston is stunning at night. Especially from the windows of an apartment in an elite residential complex. Watching the sparkling lights, I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice my man coming up to me.

His hands slid around my waist, pulling me closer to him. His scent enveloped me in an invisible cloud, unobtrusive, sweet with tart notes. I enjoyed it in complete silence and darkness.

I put my head on his shoulder, plunging into a world of bliss, when he touched my neck. A shiver ran through my body, bringing a feeling of weightlessness. His kisses sank lower, to my collarbone, paving the way after the straps of my light negligee slipped from my shoulders.

I raised my hands up to give him unhindered access to my body, and buried my fingers in Mike's hair. His palms slid over my skin and covered my breasts, squeezing my nipples. I shuddered, arching, and at that moment, I got a passionate kiss on the lips.

Goosebumps covered my skin, but it was unclear from what, whether from the cool air touching my naked body, or from my wild excitement. The first option was unlikely, because I burned like a lit match, and Mike also teased me, stroking my hips with his fingertips, barely touching, without interrupting the caress of his lips.

Surrendering to these tactile sensations, I didn't even notice how we ended up on the bed in his room. Slowly spreading my legs apart, Mike rose above me, heating the space around me. I felt his hot and passionate touch with every cell. The weight of this male body did not bother me at all. On the contrary, I wanted to enjoy it to the fullest. Freeing my hands, I studied the relief of his back.

Mike's greedy kiss went past my neck and moved further down. Once at my breast, he caressed the nipple with a light touch of his tongue, then took it into his mouth and squeezed my other with his fingers. My groan was so loud it seemed we could be heard on the first floor.

Sliding his tongue down, Mike drew an intricate pattern on my stomach. The feeling of lightness rose on wings of pleasure, then was followed by laughter. It was both pleasant and terribly ticklish. Impossible to explain in words...

When he got to the edge of my panties, he grabbed them with his teeth and with a wild growl pulled them down my legs, throwing aside the unnecessary piece of fabric. Then his underwear flew in the same direction. Kneeling on the edge of the bed, Mike grabbed my legs and pulled me to him in one motion, making himself comfortable between them.

"I'm sorry, dear, I could continue torturing you, but I can't stand it myself," he whispered into my lips and, abruptly entering, drowned out my moan with a kiss.

The intertwining of our hands and breathing in unison plunged us into a world full of pleasure. We moved to the same rhythm, neither of us dominating, and eventually climaxed together.

Still inside me, Mike collapsed, crushing my relaxed body under him. Briefly brushing his lips against my face, he whispered those sweet compliments for which I love him so much.

That night was full of tenderness and affection. It was a little different from the others. It was something special, whatever it was... Sensual... Unprotected... And we couldn't sleep until dawn.

Opening my eyes, I smiled at the new day. It was the end of December, which meant that almost two months of my carefree life had passed. Mark disappeared completely, didn't even show up at parties. Miranda was a little nervous, but everyone thought it was because of unrequited love.

Mike was still asleep when I wriggled out of his warm embrace and went to the kitchen for a delicious portion of hot chocolate with marshmallows. A couple of days ago, we celebrated Christmas. Each of us spent it with our family. This did not suit Norton at all, and I listened to his outrage as he escorted me all the way to the plane. But the separation was short-lived. We had already spent the night together in his apartment.