Chapter 29

Author

An unassuming, small country house, no different from the rest. Two floors, a well-kept yard and a white fence. But besides the main structure, the house had a secret room in the basement. The walls were covered with an expensive, dark-colored designer panel, the floor lined with high-quality parquet, a suspended ceiling fitted with decorative lighting, giving the room an intimate touch, and there was a double bed in the center. This place cannot be called a bedroom. It had a completely distinct atmosphere. Various items of BDSM paraphernalia hung on the walls, and the built-in soundproofing would please those who are into the 'theme'.

Sprawled in a chair, the guy looked at his beloved girlfriend and fell into a parallel reality. With his head thrown back, he absorbed every inch of her naked body from under his lowered eyelashes. He had a bottle of scotch in his hand. The drink gave him courage, because in the near future Mark wanted to make Alana his own...

***

Caressing the tender skin on her neck, he could no longer restrain himself. Literally everything drove him crazy: the alcohol, the smell of her hair, her black short dress, the stares other guys gave her... Alana had to be taken away urgently.

"I want to leave. Will you come with me?" he whispered in her ear.

"My heart is where you are. Why ask stupid questions?"

Mark carried her in his arms despite the gaze of his classmates. He didn't care what they thought.

His parents were at a dinner party, which meant that they had the house to themselves. He waited for this night and prepared his room for a romantic evening: candles, roses, wine and relaxing music – all this for her, for his beautiful girlfriend.

Dancing, kisses, caresses, tenderness, heavy breathing, pain and pleasure. Their first time. The first night.

"Mark, I love you," the girl whispered, falling asleep in a warm embrace.

"I love you more..."

Sighing heavily, Wood opened his eyes. After all, things might have been different if they had left that ball before he got jealous.

"If it wasn't for this creature that planted doubts in my mind, we would still be together, Alana."

I hate her...

***

"There is good news in the family of famous architects, or rather one of the twin brothers - Colin Wood. The long-awaited Wood heir has been born!" About eighteen years ago, all the newspapers and magazines ran with similar headlines.

A big and happy family, what could be better? However, other qualities played a more prominent role here...

A little boy with expressive eyes and a kind heart did not understand why everything in his house was so different from other homes. Compared with the stories his friends told, he did not see any parallel with his life: his entire childhood was an ever-changing blur of nannies' faces; he was never greeted with a smile and warm hugs when he got home from school. Family celebrations were restrained and cold. Even the gifts he got as a teenager would be brought by their servants, or left with a note. Over the years, he saw his parents less and less often: his father gave himself to his work, and his mother only had time for social events or her friends.

A family barbecue in the backyard of the house? Evening gatherings by the fireplace with stories about how the day went? Wishing him pleasant dreams before tucking him in for the night? This never happened in this young man's life. All he remembered were scandals, resentment, and loneliness.