1. scandal

✰✰✰✰✰

✰✰✰✰✰

"World famous basketball player Kaden Bryce and world famous designer Autumn Snow called the quits to their relationship three months ago after being together for two years." I feel the sympathetic gaze of Lola and Gia on me, but I don't once look at them.

"But it looks like there's more to the story than what we actually know." They don't know shit.

A female host on the show, stares back at the camera with a smile I find disturbing on her face as she speaks.

"After a long three months of silence, Kaden Bryce has finally agreed to honour us with his presence here on the Daily Show." Gia scoffs from my side.

"He's not fucking serious." She spits out distastefully. I keep my eyes on the TV, where Kaden walks into the set of the Daily Show.

I didn't accept their invitation, so they asked for him instead.

His chocolate brown skin shines under the bright lights of the room as he emerges with his signature smile.

"Autumn let's just watch something else." Lola offers softly from besides me.

We are in my room, seated on the king-sized bed with our backs against the headboard. Our intention was to just hang out, since we haven't done that together for some while. But Kaden's unexpected appearance on the show intruded on our evening.

They both obviously didn't want to watch it cause he's the most hated person on their list, but I insisted on watching it. Although, I can hardly give a shit on whatever he has to say.

Gia and Lola have both clinged to me like magnets--- honestly it's kinda funny. I know they are trying to be helpful, but they actually don't need to be. I'm just curious to hear what Kaden has to say.

"No." I reply without looking at them, my attention still on the TV. They both give each other a look, but say nothing.

"Thank you for having me." Kaden starts, smiling at one of the female host of the show. Her makeup doesn't hide the stupid blush creeping onto her cheeks. But Kaden has that effect. The smile that can make any woman fall to their knees for him.

Well any woman but me.

"And thank you for joining us today." Another female host replies.

"The media has not stop buzzing with burning questions as to why the most loved couple—" I snicker involuntarily at her statement, bringing both Gia and Lola's attention to me.

"Loved couple?" I question rhetorically with an unamused expression.

"—had suddenly broken-up after being together for two whole years." Kaden laughs dryly in response at first. The egoistic and horrible things that will follow after that laugh is actually expected to me.